Is a high-end Uke a bad idea for a rookie?

Head, Heart, Gut

Head, been trying to do my research, got a lot of great feedback from you guys

Heart, yea its into it

Gut, Andrew at the Ukesite felt like the right fit

Head, Heart and Gut check passed...and voila:

kanilea_k1-t_413-7_zps6e002b2f.jpg

Congratulations on the new uke!

Heart, yea its into it

View attachment 52177

Very nice!

I'll pm you with my address so it'll be ready when you are :biglaugh:

Congrats on your new kanilea...it looks real sweet....Please update us how it sounds....Happy strummings..

Beautiful! I wanna go to Hawaii and get one!

awesome! congratulations--that looks fabulous. And if Andrew vouches for it, you can be sure it is great!

Heart, yea its into it

View attachment 52177

nice Kanile'a..congrats
can't go wrong with Andrew and MGM at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)
the Koa is really nice looking!

Congratulations! :)

Kanile'a is a great choice. I found the Southcoast Strings work really well on it. It is one uke that can be strung with a high or low-g and sound great either way. When I got mine a few years back, it did not impress me all that much to begin with. A few weeks later it really sang. I bought straight from Joe at Kanile'a and he told me to give it a bit of time and he was so right.

You will really enjoy this uke.

I thought my UAS had gone into remission, but after reading through this thread, it's back.

Heart, yea its into it

View attachment 52177

Super - that's a beauty and almost certainly plays like butter.

John

It's gorgeous! Well wishes for many moments of merry music making with your Kanilea. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Last edited:
It's gorgeous! Well wished for many moments of merry music making with your Kanilea. I think you'll really enjoy it.

8 pages of good will and guidance, this is such a great community. Thank you all so much for making me feel at ease with the move forward.

I have the overwhelming urge to jump in a plane and intercept my uke wherever it is at this point!

You can't go get it. You must pace the carpet and wear out a path in it. Maybe call in sick on delivery day. The anticipation is the almost best part.

It's lovely. Congrats.

The day has come and so has my new Kanilea to Canada! The toughest part was, that it came so quickly and I was away flying for 2 days so it actually waited for me. As advertised, Adam from http://www.theukulelesite.com was incredible; he set me up with an incredible instrument that I fell in love with after a few strums. I opened the case and played through lessons for 4 hours!

So to put this topic to bed, now, I will tell you that a beginner would definitely benefit from a higher-end ukulele. Definitely get the best instrument you can afford. I feel like I am learning a lot more from it because it rewards you with a beautiful sound when you do things correctly, and you still know when you're messing something up. Definitely a solid investment that put a smile on my face. I am a happy canuck with my canuckelele!

Top Bottom