I've got the TAS again

To make space , I need to get rid of stuff that I no longer use..I don't make tenor ukes any more so I have a tenor size Halogen powered Fox Type bender going up for grabs plus the mould and poly carb templates for back tops and sides ...if anyone in the UK wants it they will have to visit me in the North East and collect it..I don't want any payment as long as it all goes to a good home. I can load some pics if anyone is interested.
 
Axminster AC1400B BANDSAW Arrived today, one day sooner than expected. Its a really well made piece of equipment for its price.
I removed all the items from the double thickness cardboard boxes two of them fitted tightly one inside the other....I noticed that the polystyrene
packing was a bit damaged I supposed during transport.
After unpacking all the parts and having previously watched a video of the assembly I thought "this will take an experienced engineer like me 20 mins max to put together and get it up and running. WRONG AGAIN! in fact it took over an hour before it made it's first cut.
I decided to remove the blade "that was already fitted" to make fitting the cast iron table more easy, after the blade was removed I noticed a strange grating/viberating sound when i hand turned the the lower belt wheel , on further examination I discovered that the thin metal cover that protected the fan on the rear of the motor was a bit damaged and two screws were missing there should be three, and the screw thread holes were damaged where they had torn out...I had to remove this cover and knock it back to its original shape with a nylon hammer...I then had to find some M4 screws re-tap out the damaged threads and re-fit the cover. that sorted it... next I laid the saw face down on the bench so that I could fit the 4 rubber feet that came with it to the base I screwed them into the threaded holes finger tight and the picked up the supplied 10mm x13mm spanner to lock them tight only to find that the gap to fit in the spanner was too narrow. so i had to go and look for a thin cone spanner that would fit (it's a good job I have a well equiped workshop) having fitted the feet next I fitted the table this was a bit of a fiddley job but not too difficult. Next I refitted the blade and tensioned it, then I set the table at 90 degrees to the saw blade with the aid of a small 3 lnch set square and set the table stop under the table. Now it was time to adjust the blade guides the upper ones were no problem, but the lower ones were more difficult hand i had to open the lower door and tilt the table to 45 degrees to get access...last job was setting the fence square to the table mitre slot it took one or two goes before I was satisfied. and that was the job done. and ready to cut wood.
 
Last edited:
My Powertec also took some time to set up, but it was worth the effort! I'm impressed by how quiet it runs, with almost no vibration.
Bob
 
Top Bottom