Jake Shimabukuro @ Anthology in San Diego, CA

ChamorroDT

Reaction score
Came back from Jake's show at Anthology about an hour ago and I'm still amazed at how...well, at how amazing he is! I went with my mom and my cousin and they enjoyed it greatly as well.

MeandJake01.jpg

This is me and Jake after the show (not that anyone cares really, haha) and I got his Live album (and I got it signed! :D)
JakesAlbum.jpg

I think my favorite of his songs that he played were "Me & Shirley T" and his rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody"; sadly that is not on the album but he said he plans on recording it sometime soon! It was awesome. He ended it with "Thriller" and that was great. Just thought I'd share a little bit of this with you UU'ers out there.

I am seeing Jake tomorrow at the concert at Citrus College, Glendora. Do they have his CDs available at the show? Which one do you recommend? I would love to get one there. How long did the concert last?

–Lori

I am seeing Jake tomorrow at the concert at Citrus College, Glendora. Do they have his CDs available at the show? Which one do you recommend? I would love to get one there. How long did the concert last?

–Lori

Me too! I can't wait to go! I'm dragging my spouse along with me (who has threatened to bring a book along). Boo hiss!

I'm hoping to get him to take a picture with me and to sign my "Ukulele Hero" tshirt, since he is my ukulele hero and all... :)

I remember hearing his CD before seeing him live. I thought, "He's a pretty good player." Then when I saw him live I was blown away.

Last edited:
The shows at Anthology were awesome. We saw both shows and they were both amazing, however I think the crowd at the second show had much more energy so it made the experience even better. We got to go backstage and chat with him, take a few pics and had my uke blessed with Jake's autograph before the 1st show as well. I can say that Jake seems to be an extemely nice guy and it was an honor to meet him and finally see him play live.

Top Bottom