Jet/ Performax 10-20 more breakdowns

Timbuck

Reaction score
I had two more Emails this week regarding the thread stripping on the 10-20 sanders. I have a few repair kits ready made up...It looks as if the manufacturer hasn't addressed the problem yet.

I do my sanding in batches and the next time will be in a few weeks. I hope mine is a good one.

And another one fixed yesterday...I fixed this one with a bronze nut instead of the usual cast iron and it was easier to machine...Maybe this is the way I'll do them from now on. ;)

I have a bunch of wood to sand down on Sunday this week (my wife will be away). If anythings snaps, sags or behaves badly I'll let you know.

My feed motor died a few months ago and the tracking of it is still problematic... I have another for all the main work. This one just does single pass finishing with 180 grit, so I can live with its idiosyncrasies!

wow... didnt want to hear this.. guess Im in for it if I use mine to actually do anything.... so far its been ok but I havent put the wood through it like you folks have...

Just got an Email from "Kathy Matsushita" our glamour girl luthier:love: ..with the most neat and tidy workshop that I've ever seen...Her 10-20 has stripped as well...so another spindle on the way.
http://www.theamateurluthier.com/
Kathy's job arrived this morning..Just finished it..And soon it will be on the way back to sunny CA.

Last edited:
Kathy's job arrived this morning..Just finished it..And soon it will be on the way back to sunny CA.

And IT IS A THING OF BEAUTY!!! I just received it today ---- THANK YOU SO MUCH, KEN!!!!!

Top Bottom