No longer available Kala Elite MAPL-ST (solid maple Super Tenor)

Price
$875
Shipping
Included. Ships to CONUS only.
Size
Super Tenor

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Bought this one off of Reverb (was originally purchased and set-up at HMS), and it's just not the scale length I'm comfortable playing -- wanted to try this out as a smaller alternative to a baritone, but I just can't comfortably play past concert-borderline tenor scale...

It's in as-new condition -- virtually no play wear that I can see anywhere. Beautiful curly maple top, back and sides, and looks really sharp with the ebony binding.

Scale length is 19 inches. 1.5 inch nut width. Strung DGBE (baritone tuning) with new, wound d and g strings.

Really lovely tone, and I would imagine quite comfortable to play if I could get past the scale length!

Kala Elites are really high-end instruments -- they just look and feel solid, but not heavily built.

This model retails new for $1499.

Selling this one (which you might swear IS new) for $875, shipped, to CONUS only, in the pictured Kala Elite branded hardshell case. I paid $849.99 for it, plus tax, and shipping, and have played it for less than an hour.

Reasonable offers considered, as always.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'm not in the market (well, I am, but my wallet not so much), but I wanted to drop a line to say - this uke is beautiful! GLWS.

I really love this ukulele. Smooth playability up/down the 19"neck, sensitivity when played lightly and volume that cuts through with clarity. The maple top, back/sides resonate with harp-like definition.
This very one pictured above, came to me. As a musician, like many of you, I connect in a spiritual way to all my instruments. Thank you for putting this one out there in the ethers. She's getting a lot of play time, and a loving home.

Top Bottom