Kala KA-C or Lanikai LU21c (or other)?

MatChippUK

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been playing a cheap Stagg soprano for about a year, but need to buy something slightly larger as I am cursed with fat fingers. I don't have a bundle of cash to spend, so am principally looking at the Lanikai LU21C and Kala KA-C, which both seem to have pretty decent reputations. Is there anything to choose between them? I will be buying online (a whole other thread, I know, but I have no local store), so any info/advice would be gratefully received. And if there is anything else in a concert size in a similar price bracket I should be considering?

Thanks,

Mat:music:

For a touch more I like the KA-CG or KA-SC. But if you have fat fingers just go straight to tenor or if you really want concert the Islander MC-4 has a wider fretboard, easier for big hands

My first uke was a used Lanikai and I loved it. I bought two of my kids laminate Kala's that are quite nice. I have a Ohana laminate baritone I am happy with. I think any of those brands would be good. My advice to you is spend a little more money and get a professional set up. Check out Mim and UkeRepublic, both UU members. Or be patient and purchase second hand from UU Marketplace or Fleamarket place. That is where I have gotten most of my my ukes with 100% satisfaction.
Good luck and have fun. I love shopping for ukes.

Top Bottom