Kala pocket with capo on the eight fret - 94U Aquila strings. Quite a challenge!

Olarte

Reaction score
Kala pocket with capo on the SIXTH! fret - 94U Aquila strings. Quite a challenge!

This is a very spur of the moment video to practice playing on yet a smaller uke a Nano uke that is being built for me which is 2/3 the size of this pocket Sopranino. I gotta say I love the challenge. The toughest part was playing with the capo on and keeping it in place.

Last edited:
I count sixth fret Olarte.
While I can appreciate your playing technique, I can't say I'm very fond of the sound of the ukulele capoed that high. It seems to have lost all of its sustain. I'd like to hear the same piece played with no capo.

oops you are right. it is the 6th, my bad. you can check out my youtube channel which has a demo of an Iuke piccolo with same strings and no capo.

This was just an experiment to see if I could get my fingers squeezed in or nimble enough to play on yet a smaller 2/3rds uke. If it was for a more serious video, I would have practiced before. it was my first try, and the capo only made it harder. ;-)

I count sixth fret Olarte.
While I can appreciate your playing technique, I can't say I'm very fond of the sound of the ukulele capoed that high. It seems to have lost all of its sustain. I'd like to hear the same piece played with no capo.

The piccolo uke sounds much better than the capoed uke. Serenade For Raye is really nice on that little uke. She's a lucky lady to have a song like that written in her honour.

Top Bottom