Kanile'a New Models Unveiling Saturday, January 14, 2023

DJ Mango

Reaction score
They sent out an email and update to their social media .

I'm guessing the New Ota line will be included !

25th Anniversary Livestream :
"Find out what's new for Kanileʻa ʻUkulele in 2023.
As we celebrate 25 years of building playable masterpieces, we will be unveiling new models along with stellar artist performances.
Join us Saturday, January 14, 2023 , 8 AM , HSTrevised livestream date.jpeg

I can say from the headstock that I already like it more than the 2022 Platinum.

Love everything about it so far. Great rosette. Now, which artist might it be?

Love everything about it so far. Great rosette. Now, which artist might it be?

There was already a preview video of Joe Souza working on models for Craig and Sarah, but if assume that there are two of them, ie, one for Craig, one for Sarah.

I don't know anything except that I agree with you, that's stunning! 🤩

Wasn't able to catch the full livestream, but jumped around to see the new models.

Overall, I think the two pro series models look very nice. Nothing too ostentatious, but all the current bells & whistles. Prices seem a little high, but then again, non-standard Kanile'as always seem priced higher than other customs.

The 25th anniversary model is mixed for me. I think it looks nice, but I wonder how well the silver will hold. Even more annoying and a complete deal breaker for me was that you needed to buy the 2022 platinum to ensure you could buy the 25th anniversary model. I imagine that there are a few 25th spots still available, but I dealt with that crap from dealers in the watch world and I'm not supporting any company that tries that approach in their industry.

I have never been happy with the Kanilea sound. strange braces. I think I will stick with a uke what has more traditional braces. Kanilea ukes are to pricey for what you get. I like my Kamaka,KoAloha,and Anuenue ukuleles so much better.

Thanks for sharing that was very enjoyable to watch. I found the Craig and Sara as well as the Platinum quite attractive, definitely more appealing than last year's Platinum. It is notable that they all feature Stealth tuners even after their discontinuation, and I suspect that they were discontinued to make them exclusive to Kanile'a.

Thanks for sharing that was very enjoyable to watch. I found the Craig and Sara as well as the Platinum quite attractive, definitely more appealing than last year's Platinum. It is notable that they all feature Stealth tuners even after their discontinuation, and I suspect that they were discontinued to make them exclusive to Kanile'a.
I believe that Kanile'a has had an exclusive deal with Gotoh for the shorter stem Stealths for awhile. My non-Kanilea ukes with Stealths have the longer stems.

I guess the days of the less expensive Oha Series, or something similar, is over?
Company said in November that the New Oha was scheduled to be released sometime in Jan .
I was expecting it to be announced today .

Watched some of it, especially on the 25th anny model. Interestingly, no change in all other models except the platinum except to put a 25th anny label inside. Guess they will sell them all anyway so no use doing more. The cheap part was if you were one of the couple of people whose name is drawn for this special event, you win................... (drum roll)................... 10% off any purchase including the ones featured here.

Top Bottom