Shipping
Included. Ships to CONUS only
Size
Soprano

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling this Ukebrand soprano I purchased some time ago, and have been afraid to string up and play because there is a pretty decent amount of lift of the bridge away from the soundboard. I don't have a luthier I know of locally, which is why I haven't gotten around to addressing it, and now that I'm not really playing sopranos, I figured I'd try to find it a new home, and someone who is willing to fix this one.

It's in otherwise really nice shape -- other than some strum marks, it seems very solid, and it's very light, and when you tap it you can tell it's quite resonant. Really nice looking inlays on the fretboard, around the soundhole, and a rope-style binding.

These ukuleles are no longer being made, and were well thought of, which is why I bought it.

The bridge actually seems solid, and doesn't move when you press against it, but I just don't trust it enough to string it up and find out.

It's a matte finish, which may or may not make it easier to remove the bridge and re-glue it.

Asking $350, shipped, to CONUS only in the vintage chipboard case pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I mean, what's the worst that could happen? The bridge pops off, and you mix and heat some hide glue and stick it back on?

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I were in the US.

If I had any DIY skills at all, I might, but I think it has real potential, and better to leave in the hands of a professional, IMO. I think it’s a great opportunity for someone to end up with a really great soprano at a very reasonable price…

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? The bridge pops off, and you mix and heat some hide glue and stick it back on?

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I were in the US.
If we lived in the USA then our cupboards would be full of lovey ukes that hadn’t cost us a fortune 😂. Refixing a bridge isn’t that difficult, I’ve done several and all with good result.

Last edited:
Price drop to $300 -- put the $50 price cut towards the bridge re-glue!

Top Bottom