Shipping
Included CONUS. Buyer covers OUS.
Size
Concert

hands_on_lanzon

Official SOTU Pun Torturer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not crying. YOU'RE CRYING!! 🥹 What tissue?! Oh.. you mean that? That's my required UUF Marketplace ransom note. It's not for my tears from having to sell this beauty!

The 'ukulele journey is fun and I've been blessed to have some nice ukes pass through my hands, but I can't juggle 'em all. So, it's that time again, to let go of another beauty. I'm hoping to pass this red label KoAloha on to the next loving uke'aholic. This one has a PO cedar top, walnut body with koa binding. For better description and specs, check the original TUS listing from May 2023. I got this thing as soon as it was listed, because, yanno... FOMO and all that. This was one I didn't want to let get away, and here I am, one year later, moving it on. Bums me out every time I list a uke, box it up, and ship it. Hopefully that gets outweighed in the universal balance when you see that box coming up the driveway from the delivery person, open it up, tune it and strum it for the first time!! Yes... YOU!! 😉

This one comes with a Misi Trio pickup installed by TUS, which put me back $239 on top of the $2900 list price.

Feel free to post or DM with questions. I'm planning to record one last video with it, as a memory and a bit of KoAloha tribute. Stay tuned! (spoiler alert: it won't be better than Kalei's video on TUS posting, so listen to that with some good headphones!!)

20240611_173508.jpg

Attachments

• 20240611_173149.jpg
    20240611_173149.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240611_173219.jpg
    20240611_173219.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240611_173237.jpg
    20240611_173237.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240611_173309.jpg
    20240611_173309.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20240611_173253.jpg
    20240611_173253.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240611_173317.jpg
    20240611_173317.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240611_173158.jpg
    20240611_173158.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I've been attracted to the KoAloha sound from the start of learning about different uke makers, but I really started to appreciate the brand when I watched the TUS Factory Tour video. That moment when Pops pulled that mango uke off the wall blew me away. So, of course I had to learn that song and play it on any KoAloha I get my hands on ( ;) that's my name!). Here's my latest version on the red label, before I eventually say goodbye and pass it to the next owner. I have to fight the urge to take back this listing, after recording this and listening back! It's a cannon!

For your listening pleasure, here's the video I mentioned. If you haven't already seen it, I recommend you watch the whole thing. It's good stuff. I linked directly to Pops tuning up and getting ready to show us how it's really done. If I remember correctly, I think he wrote this song to show off the tones of KoAloha 'ukulele. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, @efiscella ). This also makes it feel like sacrilege to play it on any other brand of uke. (shhhhh.. don't tell anyone, but I still play it on other ukes coz it's so good!!)

Oh no, is this the tribute for the Japan shopping spree? GLWS :)

Oh no, is this the tribute for the Japan shopping spree? GLWS :)
Thanks! That's one way to put it. It's a bit of a balancing act, when the UAS doesn't stop.

Here's more carnage from a sad day last week. The equally rare, two uke shipping day @SkeeterAB . I'm excited for the new owners tho!!!
1000042921.jpg

Aloha Chris, great playing and I know you hate to see that beautiful Red Label go but I also saw that it was a choice and decisions needed to be made. I hate those choices- lol. The song from Pops, "the Intonation Rhapsody" is a song that he wrote for when he tests his ukes. It takes him way up the neck and also allows for some heavy and loud strumming and softness. By playing this melody, he can test any uke that he makes and judge it tonal characteristics. Good luck with the sale on this.

That is a gorgeous, delightfully charming sounding ukulele. Wow. GLWS, and yeah, that tissue might come in handy... maybe I need to grab one. But that ukulele is going to take their new owner over the moon. So beautiful.

Beautiful instrument, Chris. And I love that you wrote the “ownership identification“ info on a kleenex (napkin?) :) GLWS!
Yes, it's a kleenex (or perhaps other brand of facial tissue). I was looking for the post it notes when I saw the tissue and thought it might add a lil humor to an otherwise somber situation. I'm being overly dramatic. It's really not so bad, right?! On a scale of emoji to emoji...
😭😢😥🥲🥹🥺😔😟😕😐😶😌

The song from Pops, "the Intonation Rhapsody" is a song that he wrote for when he tests his ukes. It takes him way up the neck and also allows for some heavy and loud strumming and softness. By playing this melody, he can test any uke that he makes and judge it tonal characteristics. Good luck with the sale on this.
Does anyone happen to have tabs for the Intonation Rhapsody? I’d love to learn it.

Hum traded? This uker has wondering questions? Can't wait to hear the new member of your instruments

Hum traded? This uker has wondering questions? Can't wait to hear the new member of your instruments
UAS gets me again. I told @efiscella that I need another uke like i need another hole in the head. Well... someone get a drill. At least it's closer to balance and not  just getting another uke!! Stayed tuned for a NUD soon. This one was too hard to pass up!

UAS gets me again. I told @efiscella that I need another uke like i need another hole in the head. Well... someone get a drill. At least it's closer to balance and not  just getting another uke!! Stayed tuned for a NUD soon. This one was too hard to pass up!
I feel the exact same way.

Wait I don't feel the same way and I have a herd of ukulele, but the dogs don't herd the ukes. ;)

Top Bottom