::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My horriblest memories include going to my grandparent's house on the the weekends, and having to sit there while they watched Lawrence Welk on TV. And there was no escaping it either, because the internet had not yet been invented. So we would have to sit there and watch the Lenin Sisters and those cheesy skits with the silly costumes.

Same here! Grandma and Grandpa would usually fall asleep in their chairs about 1/2 way through the show. I would evilly tweak their big toes to wake them back up. Hehhehhehhehheh

I just got an email from Jeremie. He says that all is well. He's just been busy with work, and some family drama with their folks, but everyone is doing OK. He says to say Hi to everyone.

Thanks, Mike!

Now...for the "absent PoHo roll call" - where is Willie?

I saved my money and upgraded from my Royce Union to a metal flake green Schwinn Stingray with the banana seat and tall sissy bar . . . only to have it stolen the first time I rode it to the store and locked it to the bike rack. Very sad day! I didn't even have the chance to turn it into a pre BMX, BMX bike.

I had a purple stingray. Take that, Damon!

Loved that bike...

I hope Tammy and Freeda check in sometime before Friday. They never decided for sure what time I'm supposed to meet up with them....

There's this cool new gadget called a "Cell Phone", Don. You can actually call them EVEN WHEN THEY AREN'T HOME. Give it a try...very cool.

Worked today, then school.

Home from school. Had to do a report and presentation on a pathology. I picked Crohns. Had to do our thing and then answer any questions fellow students asked. Felt good about it. Actually all my classmates nailed their presentations.

Mike met me at Mario's (real Mexican food) restaurant. Came home to find a gift in my mail. I'm suspecting Booby Curtis. I laughed so hard I almost peed.

Pic on instagram.....someone bring it over.
Yeehaw! It arrived. Here's the pic...

85453326346411e28df322000a1f9367_7.jpg

I had a purple stingray. Take that, Damon!

Loved that bike...
Nice!
I loved my stingray too, it was red metalflake.
I now have a Schwinn 5-speed cruiser that is the same color. It's like a giant Stingray.

Well, my family can't talk politics. My aunt and I never agree on First Ladies. She likes hers. I love mine. Nasty things have been said. We don't go there anymore.

The day before a holiday is usually phone tag day. I am doing it.

What did you get? Bling, if that's what you got, is NOT over-rates. But that could just be me.

Sorry about the shot. Hope your arm doesn't hurt.

Trust me, it was entertaining.

I try not to talk politics with my family but my mom brings it up in every conversation. I've decided I'm going to try and change the subject whenever she brings it up today.

I got a Kala Ukadelic in plaid
31u2SeQVZDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love me some plaid and have seen these in the stores but they just sound like they are made of plastic and in my opinion should cost no more than $50 or $60 but they are more than that. Then I saw one online that comes with a hard case so I decided the case justified the price. Really, it doesn't sound bad at all...has a very mellow tone to it. I keep comparing it to my first uke, a Kala KA-S which has a very bright sound (and was only about $60).

Ooooh, that reminds me, my custom solid body should be ready and time now! WOOT!!!

Luckily, my arm is not sore. I have to go back Monday morning for blood work (nothing bad, just routine checks) so it will probably be tender then.

im afraid to ask what a rhythm ring is...

tee hee...

ahem, it is a little canister filled with pellets. There is an elastic band on the outside and you wear it like a ring on your strumming hand. It is like playing a tiny maraca and a uke at the same time!! horray!

It's almost turkey sandwich time! Fresh, soft, white bread. A mix of white and dark meat. Mayonnaise, lettuce and black pepper.

I look forward to this every year....

Don't forget the stuffing!! No turkey sandwich is complete without the stuffing.

Every year I eat a roasted chestnut (choke down is more accurate) to make sure I still don't like them.
We're at 30 and counting years of dislike.

So what happens if, one year, you choke one down only to realize you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom