::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen, I'm glad it was a small stroke and he's coming home. Hug your mom for me. That's terribly scary for the spouse.

My dad drove an 18 wheeler. He hauled hazardous chemicals in tanker trailers for 40 years. He always had a CB in his truck (at least after they started making mobiles for vehicles). At that time, it was how truck drivers found out about problems ahead on the road. And it didn't matter what kind of motor home, RV or fifth wheel, or travel trailer someone was pulling, it was referred to as a "camper" 99% of the time by truckers. It was a catch-all. I've talked trucker lingo all my life because I was raised with it.

I probably know more about trucks and trailers than most anybody in the public. I used to help dad unhook trailers from the truck (fifth wheel) when I was big enough and strong enough to do it. He would sit in the truck while I unhooked the air lines, electrical lines, etc.

Once I retire from the prison system, there is a good likelihood I'll get my CDL and drive a truck locally, until my social security kicks in at 62.

Oh, yeah. Dad drove for a huge conglomerate called Tri-Mac based out of Canada. They still have a hundred or so terminals in the US.

Last edited:
But an 18 wheeler is a tractor with an attached trailer. Right? Just a different term.

The last ten year of my Dads career he was the fleet instructor for Mobil oil. He trained all their drivers. Probably why he used the correct terms for trucks and tractors.

The term camper can relate to any RV, hense your dads use of it. My use of trailer, 5th wheel or motor home, is just to clarify what you were referring to. Not related at all to my dads career.

My dad used to sneak us (as kids one at a time) on the truck for California deliveries. If it was a cab over, I'd curl up on the engine cover and sleep. It was padded and really warm.

This is my next purchase...
Camper-Bike.jpg

Last edited:
But an 18 wheeler is a tractor with an attached trailer. Right? Just a different term.

The last ten year of my Dads career he was the fleet instructor for Mobil oil. He trained all their drivers. Probably why he used the correct terms for trucks and tractors.

The term camper can relate to any RV, hense your dads use of it. My use of trailer, 5th wheel or motor home, is just to clarify what you were referring to. Not related at all to my dads career.

My dad used to sneak us (as kids one at a time) on the truck for California deliveries. If it was a cab over, I'd curl up on the engine cover and sleep. It was padded and really warm.

Yes. Hence, I helped dad unhook truck from trailer.

Yes. Hence, I helped dad unhook truck from trailer.
but but but....a tractor is just the front part, the engine and cab. A truck is the front part (engine and cab) with an attached trailer. Then you hitch a trailer to the back of it. OR, you can have a tractor with two trailers. In Arizona three trailers are allowed.

So Flossie is going to hit the Big Island tomorrow. Looks like we will miss most of the danger if it stays on the same track. Looks like it will be wet and windy though! (35MPH gusts to 50)

but but but....a tractor is just the front part, the engine and cab. A truck is the front part (engine and cab) with an attached trailer. Then you hitch a trailer to the back of it. OR, you can have a tractor with two trailers. In Arizona three trailers are allowed.
Dad drove something that looked similar to this.

Name it for me, so I can be correct in my terminology.

images

So Flossie is going to hit the Big Island tomorrow. Looks like we will miss most of the danger if it stays on the same track. Looks like it will be wet and windy though! (35MPH gusts to 50)

A friend of mine lived on a dairy farm growing up. One of the cows was named Flossie.

Last edited:
Dad drove something that looked similar to this.

Name it for me, so I can be correct in my terminology.

images
heh Heh heh, that is a tractor and a trailer. IF they were attached perminately, it would be a truck and trailer.

I went to a bday party with a bunch of musicians and family members this afternoon. As I was coming home Hubby called me and warned me not to take Pacific Coast Highway home. Today was the last day of the huge surfing contest in our town. Turns out peeps got stupid drunk and some turned to fighting in the streets and a riot ensued. I guess rubber bullets and tear gas was used. Port-a-Potties were turned over, fires were started and stores were broken into.

Humans are stupid.

I went to a bday party with a bunch of musicians and family members this afternoon. As I was coming home Hubby called me and warned me not to take Pacific Coast Highway home. Today was the last day of the huge surfing contest in our town. Turns out peeps got stupid drunk and some turned to fighting in the streets and a riot ensued. I guess rubber bullets and tear gas was used. Port-a-Potties were turned over, fires were started and stores were broken into.

Humans are stupid.
Turned over porta-potties??

Damn rednecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom