::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make all those chords on the ukulele, right? Otherwise maybe the key of F? It's only a half step up. F, Bb, C7, Am and G7

I just need to look up where the F#7 & the Gm7. I've never needed them on the uke. Oh, and the B7. I'll look them up, later, when my household calms down. I'm getting ready to go get out taxes done, in Brownsburg.

Ooooh! Have one for me, too! Actually, I had a really good Cuban sandwich just the other day. I think it was probably the closest that I've had yet to an authentic Cuban....

Turkey and cole slaw does not a Cuban make.

Or St. Elmo's Fire. Don't forget that I don't like St. Elmo's Fire either.

I'm actually on board with not liking St. Elmo's Fire and the Big Chill.

You lose me with The Breakfast Club though :)

I thought it was kind of boring.

That movie is all kinds of teacher stuff.

Especially the way they come to appreciate each other when they are forced to get to know each other behind the cliquish labels of high school.

I just need to look up where the F#7 & the Gm7. I've never needed them on the uke. Oh, and the B7. I'll look them up, later, when my household calms down. I'm getting ready to go get out taxes done, in Brownsburg.

If you need me just whistle.

My problem with the Breakfast Club is that it plays the teenaged stereotypes TOO hard. The Jock, the Thug, the Weirdo, the Socialite. Uh huh. Boring.

It's the least of my favorite from that genre but The Big Chill? That's the best ever. You should come watch it with me. We can turn the sound down and I'll walk you thru it line for line. But we hafta turn it up for the music parts because it's the VERY BEST SOUNDTACK EVER!!

Well, that and The Commitments. That soundtracks even better. Where's Ramon? He'd back me on that. I remember getting into his car at UWC and he had the Commitments soundtrack on. Right then I knew he was The One. ::sigh::

The Commitments?

Is that the one where the play Whiter Shade of Pale on a church organ?

I LOVE that movie.

Turkey and cole slaw does not a Cuban make.

True! But that's a whole different critter. (For the record, I like both Reubens and Rachels). ;) Better than either, IMHO, is a good hot pastrami sandwich.

The Cuban sandwich is in a league of its own, though. Love me a Cuban sandwich....

My problem with the Breakfast Club is that it plays the teenaged stereotypes TOO hard. The Jock, the Thug, the Weirdo, the Socialite. Uh huh. Boring.

I think that was the point. And it was very much like that in my high school. Not so much where I teach now.

I think that was the point. And it was very much like that in my high school. Not so much where I teach now.

I know that was the point - but it lost me. Maybe because I really wasn't part of a clique in high school and got along okay with pretty much everyone. My lunch buddy during Sophomore year was one of the stoners. Junior year it was a stoner and a Jesus freak. Senior year it was band geeks. I enjoyed them all, so maybe I just don't relate to the movie.

Our high school had its groups, too, although they may have been a little different. We had the Jocks, and we had what were called Hoods (short for hoodlums, the equivalent of Thugs, I guess). Both of those were relatively small groups. Then there were the Straights, a reference to "straight-laced", and the Nerds (although we were more likely to use the term dorks).

We didn't have a Socialite group, per se, but there was a set like that made up of kids from other groups. Some were Jocks, some were Straights, some were the student government types....there was even a Nerd or two in there.

High school social dynamics are weird stuff....

I know that was the point - but it lost me. Maybe because I really wasn't part of a clique in high school and got along okay with pretty much everyone. My lunch buddy during Sophomore year was one of the stoners. Junior year it was a stoner and a Jesus freak. Senior year it was band geeks. I enjoyed them all, so maybe I just don't relate to the movie.

We didn't have a recognizable Stoner group, although some of the Hoods would have fit the bill. Pot usage was very, very deep underground at our school, if it existed at all.

We also didn't have the Band Geeks, as I recall. We had a good music program, but I don't remember kids going to band camp, and all of that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom