::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Sorry for the bride. This is happening everywhere.

Huge bummer.

I feel bad for all the high school seniors.

No last year of sports, no prom and most likely no graduation. Many of them might have already seen each other for the last time.

I’ve been alternating between sort of fancy meals and just stuff I throw together. James’ favorite meal so far has been left over burgers that I crumbled up and reheated with some tomato sauce, taco seasoning, bread crumbs to thicken and left over rice. Topped it with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and a little plain Greek yogurt.

DIDNT REALLY TASTE LIKE THE TACO SALAD I was gunning for, and it wasn’t quite a tamale pie either. It was sort of like a Jack In the Box taco without the crunch. I thought it was weird, and it was, but it was also pretty tasty.

Is this mode of life to become the new norm?

Something that I have discovered:
I miss having conversations with other people. Yesterday at the stores I interacted with a few folks at a respectful distance. I didn't realize how much I missed this. And we are just getting started.

845095DC-E041-4840-8CFD-B8BFE4F641CD.jpgmy regular market opens at 7. I went and got in line at 6:30. I was able to buy one pkg of toilet paper.
The shelves have been bare but this early I was able to buy 2 London broils, some ground turkey, tomato soup, pasta, sauce, and some canned beans.

I really hope this is NOT the new norm.

A few grocery stores have started seniors-only shopping hours so we can get first crack after the store has restocked overnight. 5-6 am. I don’t think I’ll be taking advantage.

I miss having conversations with other people. Yesterday at the stores I interacted with a few folks at a respectful distance. I didn't realize how much I missed this. And we are just getting started.

Yesterday I had a conference call with our whole staff. At one point there were about 87 people online at once. It was pretty cool to see everyone.

Zoom might have worked okay for the jams they used to have here.

View attachment 125970my regular market opens at 7. I went and got in line at 6:30. I was able to buy one pkg of toilet paper.
The shelves have been bare but this early I was able to buy 2 London broils, some ground turkey, tomato soup, pasta, sauce, and some canned beans.

I really hope this is NOT the new norm.

Mika called from the store right now. ‘They only have turkey necks.” Buy them, we’ll make soup.

Actually I’ll just make a stock and make turkey pot pie instead.

It will be normal for a while at least.

Top Bottom