looking for a saw to cut corian / bone for saddles

Joralin

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

i wonder what type of saw would be the best for cutting saddles out of corian or bone?

I often have to cut new saddles for ukuleles and i would like to use a block of corian, thats by far the cheapest way.

I would favor to use a "scroll saw", but im not sure if they have enough power for a harder material than wood ?

I know that you can use a "circular saw" for cutting corian, but im not a big fan of them.

They are mostly for rough cutting and have a big "saw blade". I also think they quite more dangerous if you accidently cut yourself.

You could use a tile saw, essentially a small table saw. This should give you the precision you need. They work with water to keep the dust down.

Its not the saw, its the saw blade. Harder material will need a finer blade with more teeth per inch (TPI). More teeth will cut slower so you will need to reduce the speed of the saw and feed the material slower. I have cut bone but have no experience with corian. I would suggest trying a hand saw with a metal cutting blade.

Either a hacksaw with metal blade as suggested or a proxxon mini table saw or the like if you really don't want to use a handsaw.

Hello Guys,

i wonder what type of saw would be the best for cutting saddles out of corian or bone?

I often have to cut new saddles for ukuleles and i would like to use a block of corian, thats by far the cheapest way.

I would favor to use a "scroll saw", but im not sure if they have enough power for a harder material than wood ?

I know that you can use a "circular saw" for cutting corian, but im not a big fan of them.

They are mostly for rough cutting and have a big "saw blade". I also think they quite more dangerous if you accidently cut yourself.
I saw a saw that would saw what you saw but the saw that I saw has skidaddled.

Top Bottom