Looks like Eastman ukes are back

Anybody seen one of the new ones yet? They are appearing on multiple online websites including Elderly.

In typical Eastman fashion they hosed up their website and model numbers initially. But I belive they have it correct now in that the EU1T is the all hog tenor model as shown in this link…. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/eu1t

Anybody seen one of the new ones yet? They are appearing on multiple online websites including Elderly.

In typical Eastman fashion they hosed up their website and model numbers initially. But I belive they have it correct now in that the EU1T is the all hog tenor model as shown in this link…. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/eu1t
Nope haven’t seen them in person yet…but I’m excited to try one soon as a music shop near me is an Eastman seller and I’m sure they’ll get them.

lol, you’re right about Eastman messing up their site info. I noticed all the seller’s listings for the soprano (which definitely look to be all mahogany) say Sitka and ovangkol because the Eastman site only lists that one annd doesn’t even have the all mahogany soprano picture or info. Even elderly’s listing says it’s Sitka and ovangkol when it clearly isn’t.

I remember when Eastman acoustic guitars came out many years ago. In the early days they had some significant quality issues mostly due to finishes cracking and flaking off. But they solved those problems.

Since then their quality seems to just keep getting better. I teach with a very basic spruce/sapele dreadnought guitar and just helped a student pick out a fancier version of the same guitar. Both are excellent guitars worthy of recording and gigging. I’ll take my Martin and Santa Cruz guitars ahead of these, but they cost many times more!

Like Pono, I think Eastman handles its own manufacturing rather than designing and ordering instruments from big, generic instrument factories. I really think it separates these two instrument makers from much of their competition.

I have an Eastman-enamored student who will almost certainly buy (all!) the ukuleles when they are available. He already has six or seven of their guitars and a mandolin!

This seems like a great, affordable addition to the market, and I note that these will be a bit less expensive than the Pono Kalele line which is what I would recommend to someone in the $350-ish price range.

Last edited:
I remember when Eastman acoustic guitars came out many years ago. In the early days they had some significant quality issues mostly due to finishes cracking and flaking off. But they solved those problems.

Since then their quality seems to just keep getting better. I teach with a very basic spruce/sapele dreadnought guitar and just helped a student pick out a fancier version of the same guitar. Both are excellent guitars worthy of recording and gigging. I’ll take my Martin and Santa Cruz guitars ahead of these, but they cost many times more!

Like Pono, I think Eastman handles its own manufacturing rather than designing and ordering instruments from big, generic instrument factories. I really think it separates these two instrument makers from much of their competition.

I have an Eastman-enamored student who will almost certainly buy (all!) the ukuleles when they are available. He already has six or seven of their guitars and a mandolin!

This seems like a great, affordable addition to the market, and I note that these will be a bit less expensive than the Pono Kalele line which is what I would recommend to someone in the $350-ish price range.
Thanks for your input. I agree that them making their own instruments rather than just ordering from the other factories so many companies use makes Pono and Eastman 2 of the best mid-level instrument companies.

If these new runs are close to the other ukes they used to make, they’ll be a GREAT bang for your buck. I’m really thinking about getting the soprano. $189 for an all solid mahogany, if it has the typical Eastman quality, seems like a great deal to me.

Just noticed some EU3 models popping up in the US.

Elderly has a tenor and a concert. Prices look lower too than the previous runs and still come with a hard case.

“Oh goodness me!”

The best part of the video, when you first strummed it while evaluating volume. 😊

Nice review of what looks to be a very pleasing instrument. I’m a fan of satin finish because it feels so good to hold, although it doesn’t highlight the beauty of a lovely wood grain. That mahogany does indeed look lovely, but the burst complements it well.

Perfect vintage look and sound.

Tempted to buy this one .
I would first try Worth Brown or Fremont Black Line for fluorocarbon .
And ghs H-10 black nylon and D'Addario EJ65C clear nylon .

Just so people are aware. There are still EU3s out there. I bought one today. The tenor I bought is apparently exactly like the Baz review of a couple of years ago. Nitro cellulose finish, better tuners etc.
The strange thing is the Certificate of Authenticity say made in April 2024.
Someone commented earlier in this thread that Eastman was releasing the EU3 ukes along with the EU1 and EU2. Elderly and a couple other stores got some EU3s in early May. Haven't seen any EU2s posted.

Just so people are aware. There are still EU3s out there. I bought one today. The tenor I bought is apparently exactly like the Baz review of a couple of years ago. Nitro cellulose finish, better tuners etc.
The strange thing is the Certificate of Authenticity say made in April 2024.

View attachment 174944

Here's a new EUC-3 I just saw online dated 4-25-24 $319
From YT videos this gloss version sounds better to me .

DSC_0002__14936.1716999556.JPG
I used to own an Eastman EU3- concert. I really loved it but I'm just not a concert size lover, so I ended up trading it in. I got really excited by the news that Eastman was making ukes again, but I really loved the gloss finish and the higher appointments of the older EU3 series (Grover tuners, fret markers, really nice hardshell case, etc.) and personally feel the higher price is worth it for those.

Somehow, I got a new EU3 tenor from reverb and it's in the mail now. I got it for $349, which is actually really good considering these used to go for $500 or more in their heyday a few years ago. I was looking for a used one for the last year or so and I never saw one pop up. So it looks like Eastman is still making the EU3 series (the certificate of authenticity on mine says made in March 2024) , but they're not advertising it on their site at all.

Last edited:
For those that have purchased a 2024 Eastman, would you share your experience with the quality and setup on the ukes? Particularly interested in the factory set up if you didn't buy them from a store that offers those services.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the EUC-3 to other 12 fret to the body concerts like the Martin C1K and Kiwaya KTC-1 .

On the Eastman web site page for ukuleles the specs for the various ukulele models (EU1-T, EU1-C, EU2-C, EU2-S) indicate that the action height is 2 mm. I'd be curious to see from anyone that has any of those models whether that was the case and what the actual measurements were at the 1st and 12th frets. If it were at 2mm at the 12th fret as stated that would be pretty tasty action for me! Sadly the web site doesn't show the EU3 as an available product. The EU3-C and the EU1-C are tempting me! :love:

Eastman ukulele
(You have to scroll down a bit and click on their uke on the far left.)

Last edited:
Do Eastman ukes have dainty necks like their mandolins?

Eastman replied promptly to my inquiry :

Thank you for reaching out to EASTMAN! The EU3-C can be ordered through any US dealer. The first batches should be heading out in 2-3 months. Our website will be updating with new photography upon receipt of our first shipments.

All the best,

1717629486904.png

In Canada there are all three sizes of EU3 available, but very expensive. There was one of the tenors in the local LMQ that was there for several years, it was a bad uke.

Top Bottom