Loprinzi Owners Club

It's a beauty! I posted details in a NUD thread.

IMG_9912.jpg

The Uke Supply Store , Germany

View attachment 168883
Mahogany soprano @ Uke Supply , Germany

LoPrinzi-AM-S-Sopran-Ukulele-5605-Decke_1000x1000_crop_center.jpg

What @Larry U said... I've been in the market for a cedar/RW combo and this would have been a great option. I've recently seen used Loprinzi ukes sell around $500. This may be custom, but that looks high. Standard friction tuners too :(

Here are two LoPrinzi ukuleles for sale in Japan.

Glad to join in the LoPrinzi fun with a new-to-me tenor AK-AR T!

Currently it has high-g worth clears, perhaps hard if that’s a worth option. It’s pretty bright; the next set will likely be worth browns.

I’ve decided to stick with high-g, I’m just having too much fun exploring it - it’s the first gCEA uke I’ve owned since middle school, and it is a kick! I’ve been on baritone uke these last couple years.

But, the uke! Donna L-P signed, unfancy solid koa face/back/sides, abalone rosette inlay, 5-piece neck, and sounds really great and quite loud. Intonation is very good…

So much fun! I look forward to more playing with others in a “standard” ukulele tuning.

1719092315682.jpeg

Glad to join in the LoPrinzi fun with a new-to-me tenor AK-AR T! . . . It’s pretty bright; the next set [of strings] will likely be worth browns. . . it’s the first gCEA uke I’ve owned since middle school, and it is a kick! . . . Donna L-P signed, unfancy solid koa face/back/sides, abalone rosette inlay, 5-piece neck, and sounds really great and quite loud. Intonation is very good…

So much fun! I look forward to more playing with others in a “standard” ukulele tuning.

[image omitted for convenience]
CONGRATULATIONS! 🎆🎈🎇 TUS’ recording of that exact uke shows it to be a rather wonderful instrument.

Donna’s ukes tend to be bright. I say lean into it and have a blast!

…Donna’s ukes tend to be bright. I say lean into it and have a blast!
Yes, my primary instrument is a Pono mango bari with Ko’olau Aho strings… I hadn’t realized how beautifully dark it was until I got some hours in on the tenor. I think I will be a while playing/listening and recalibrating my ear before ordering (softer?) strings.

Yesterday, after a trip to World of Ukes, I joined the Lo Prinzi club. I now own a cherry wood concert. I tried quite a few ukes, and chose the Lo Prinzi - it just came alive in my hands when I played it! Also quite remarkable value for something hand made by a Luthier in the US.

I’ll probably post a NUD video soon.

Top Bottom