Loprinzi Owners Club

What is the wood upgrade ?
I'm waiting on a reply from Donna right now as to what she can offer in upgraded Mahogany. I'd love to have something like this- (this is the pic I sent her for the rosette inlay I'm requesting)

Attachments

• Rosette.jpg
    Rosette.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 38
LoPrinzi curly mahogany
https://worldofukes.co.uk/concert-ukuleles/loprinzi-custom-all-solid-mahogany-concert-ukulele

LoPrinzi-Custom-Mahogany-Concert-Ukulele-1.jpg

I like that! Just working with Donna to finalize my order and get a deposit in on it!

Hi All, just in case you haven’t noticed I am selling my Lo Prinzi Model A Koa Concert on the UU Marketplace. i just wanted to draw your attention to the posting. All my best, Marion

Hi All, just in case you haven’t noticed I am selling my Lo Prinzi Model A Koa Concert on the UU Marketplace. i just wanted to draw your attention to the posting. All my best, Marion
Larger photos might help .

Forgive me if someone has already asked this, but does membership extend to those who own the Loprinzi-made Sailor-brand ukes formerly produced for Uke Republic in Atlanta/ Austell, GA?

You betcha. I am pretty sure those are the same thing as the LM series.
Thanks. I own neither but Uke Republic is practically always on my mind & is unquestionably the top uke-specialty retailer in our area.

Last edited:
Use Republic has a very nice Loprinzi Koa Tenor for under $1000. If I had the cash I would grab it..

Tom

I really like that Cedar Concert LM series they just listed on their website but the 1 3/8 nut isnt comfortable for me to play. I wish more builders would go with wider nuts.

I really like that Cedar Concert LM series they just listed on their website but the 1 3/8 nut isnt comfortable for me to play. I wish more builders would go with wider nuts.
Maybe the flatter than standard neck profile would make it playable for you .

I kept forgetting to post a photo of my LoPrinzi Custom.

LoPrinzi Front.jpg

Back & Case flash.jpg
Photos were taken by the previous owner. She used a flash which highlights the noticeable chatoyance of the highly figured (quilted?) mahogany pretty well. Satin finish. I get asked a lot about who made it.

SPECS:
Herringbone B&W Maple & Ebony Rosette Marquetry
Neck 2-piece Mahogany & Headstock with Maple/Mahogany Stiffener & Pearloid Logo
Ebony Fretboard with 20 Frets; 14 to the body
Fret Markers: Pearloid Front @ 5, 7, 10, 12, 15; White Side @ 5, 7, 10 , 12
Bridge: Ebony "Tie Bar"
Hand-tuned top and bracing for optimal tone and volume
Grover Chrome Open-Geared Tuners w/ Black Oval Plastic Buttons
Nut: Bone 1-7/16"; Strings:1-1/8” G to A; 3/8” Separation
Saddle: Bone

Scale length - Tenor 17"
26-1/2" Overall body length
11-6/8" Body length
6-7/8" Upper Bout Width
9-1/4" Lower Bout Width
2-13/16" Body depth

Last edited:
I kept forgetting to post a photo of my LoPrinzi Custom. The person I bought it from said she bought it as a already made instrument. So I suspect the "custom" designation only refers to the upgraded Mahogany.

View attachment 145711
View attachment 145712
Photo was taken by the previous owner. She used a flash which highlights the quilted mahogany. The back photo shows the noticeable chatoyance of the wood & grain pretty well. Satin finish.
thanks for posting .
how's it play ? sound ?

Top Bottom