Loprinzi Owners Club

thanks for posting .
how's it play ? sound ?
Very nice. It has a typical mahogany sound. The slightly smaller body gives it a little more brightness than say a Martin. Very good projection. I have High-g LivingWaters fluorocarbons on it, which aren't the loudest strings, they give it a nice chimey sound. Very good resonance and sustain, that doesn't muddy the notes. I often grab it for High-g fingerstyle practice.
I like the thin D-shape neck. It makes for easy playing.
The Misi pickup sounds great in it.

Last edited:
Takumi Ukulele is the USA distributor for LoPrinzi .
They currently have a beautiful Cherry Model A concert available .
And will soon have a Mahogany Model A concert I believe .
They can be contacted at :
info@takumiukulele.com

Last edited:
Saw this one for sale on eBay : Tenor Ukulele LoPrinzi Mahogany
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2042058253...XX0UgZENxjIijpP9W-VrijokOr-8OobsaAuoqEALw_wcB
s-l1600.jpg

Could anyone tell me what they use to clean the finish on their Loprinzi? I am not sure what kind of finish they use and don't want to ruin it. Also the edge where my arm rests is getting glossy, anything to do about this?

Just placed a deposit for another LoPrinzi custom build- this time an all-mahogany baritone.
Every time I pick up my previous build from her- my concert, I think "What a really great uke this is!"
SOooo, after researching the baritone market- I decided to go with her again!
Almost identical to my Concert, all African mahogany, tortiseshell binding, radiused ebony fretboard and bridge... Gold Gotoh tuners with ivoroid buttons.

I just learned about this maker… this week I think? Very happy to have found a skilled maker in my home state! There’s a gorgeous tenor at Ukerepublic right now I’d love to buy, but I just put brakes and tires on the family minivan today. And I’d probably be better off starting with an LM series, as right now our household has experience with exactly one uke, my daughter’s Ohana.

I just learned about this maker… this week I think? Very happy to have found a skilled maker in my home state! There’s a gorgeous tenor at Ukerepublic right now I’d love to buy, but I just put brakes and tires on the family minivan today. And I’d probably be better off starting with an LM series, as right now our household has experience with exactly one uke, my daughter’s Ohana.
I do not have personal experience with LoPrinzi, but based on the reviews here on UU, I gather that a LoPrinzi is probably a reasonably affordable step up from an Ohana (not that Ohana is a bad brand!).

The LM series has a really good sound and a really good value.

Cost is a factor of course, but also the solid wood instruments seem to require additional care and humidity - I’ve lived in Florida all my life, and I HATE humidity. I run the AC/heat as much to deal with the humidity as the temp. My home is often low 40s to high 30s. Would I be correct to think the LM series would be more stable / less susceptible to living in a low humidity house but also subject to high swings in humidity? Naturally I’ll want to play outside as well.

I own this ukeulele. It is a Loprinzi-made instrument, and it is very, very good. I suspect that the LM is similar.

Cost is a factor of course, but also the solid wood instruments seem to require additional care and humidity - I’ve lived in Florida all my life, and I HATE humidity. I run the AC/heat as much to deal with the humidity as the temp. My home is often low 40s to high 30s. Would I be correct to think the LM series would be more stable / less susceptible to living in a low humidity house but also subject to high swings in humidity? Naturally I’ll want to play outside as well.
Get the uke you want, THEN address the humidity issue. It’s easily solved.

I live in FL too, and if the constant AC makes your in-house relative humidity fall below the ideal uke-friendly level (49%) just get some Boveda humidity packs; Amazon has them.

Boveda recommends using one of the 49% packs in the 70-gram size, inserted into the fabric Boveda sleeve, placed near the neck or headstock. I put mine under the headstock. It levels the humidity in the ukulele case, whether the humidity is either too high or too low.

I’d advise staying away from the uke humidifiers that use water. In Florida, they might introduce mold into the wood of your uke.

I do not have personal experience with LoPrinzi, but based on the reviews here on UU, I gather that a LoPrinzi is probably a reasonably affordable step up from an Ohana (not that Ohana is a bad brand!).
I know Donna. She is as honest as the day is long, like her father. Augie, as we fondly call him, retired a few years ago. Donna never missed a beat. Butch, her assistant is a good worker, and is funny as h---.
I sat down with her one day last week and we designed a baritone with a custom scale neck, because my fingers don't reach every common chord with an average bari neck. The price she worked up for me is about 2/3 of what I expected. She said the wait is only about 8 weeks.
Many local ukulele players get a LoPrinzi for their second ukulele because they like Donna, and her reputation. One friend has 6, another friend has at least 8. I had one, and my bestie liked it so much she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She has owned several of Augie's guitars.

Like Nickie said, Donna is terrific. My wife has two Loprinzi koa concerts. I have two custom tenors on order. It is wonderful to be able to get instruments made to your specifications at very reasonable prices for custom instruments.

Top Bottom