Lovely comments from client on a recent commision - Picture set

Allen

Reaction score
I was asked to build a Australian Timber soprano for a client that lives in the UK but had spent part of her youth living and working in rural Australia. It's Australian Blackwood with a Huon Pine soundboard. The inlay is my rendition of one that is growing in my front garden.

Hi Allen,

Great news - my new Barron River Soprano has at last arrived safe and sound - and it is stunning !! You have totally surpassed yourself with this one, it's beyond my wildest dreams. A real All-Australian uke, with Aussie timbers, and even the beautiful orchid inlay modelled on a native orchid grown in your own garden - doesn't get any more authentic than that !

The build is superb, nut width is perfect for me, and it looks absolutely beautiful with the mother of pearl rosette - and it sounds tremendous, as though there's a full orchestra hiding inside, the sound is so so good !

Attachments

• Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay2.jpg
    Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay6.jpg
    Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay6.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay7.jpg
    Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay7.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay13.jpg
    Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay13.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay12.jpg
    Blackwood_Huon Pine Soprano with Orchid Inlay12.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 65
Your instruments are always SO stunning and artistic- great shape, beautiful woods and details. I never get tired of seeing them.

I was asked to build a Australian Timber soprano for a client that lives in the UK but had spent part of her youth living and working in rural Australia. It's Australian Blackwood with a Huon Pine soundboard. The inlay is my rendition of one that is growing in my front garden.
One of the prettiest ukuleles I’ve ever seen.

Top Bottom