Sold Magic Fluke Concert Scale Walnut Top Ukulele/Hardwood Fretboard and Neck - NOW $300

Price
$300 US
Shipping
Free if in US
Size
Magic Fluke - Concert

pgavery

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A solid tone wood Fluke concert ukulele with beautiful walnut soundboard, featuring a walnut fretboard, neck and headstock. Also comes with the grip strips installed. Beautiful tone and walnut soundboards are no longer available if bought brand new. Currently strung with Worth Browns and a squeak free wound Fremont low G.

The concert FLUKE has a 15.5" scale length, 15 frets and overall length of 23 inches. Weight is around one pound depending on materials and options. Necks are walnut. Bodies are injection molded thermoplastic. Fretboard is either walnut to match the wood of the neck or possibly East Indian rosewood. I am not original owner and was told it was walnut but its age may indicate otherwise. Asking price of $ 300 with free shipping (was $325 with free shipping). Comparable new models sell for approximately $438 if spruce or koa top plus shipping costs.

Reason for selling: Raising funds for new Uke! Also I have a tenor Fluke that works best for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4364.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 35
  • tempImage3RZRE3.png
    tempImage3RZRE3.png
    811.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Actually, as this Fluke is from the earlier Connecticut days, I believe the fretboard is East Indian Rosewood.

Nice Fluke, and good luck with your sale!

scooter

Quit tempting me! I already bought a ukulele yesterday!! Just kidding…

This is a great deal for a uke that has the rosewood fretboard and the upgraded peg head geared planetary tuners. I am not crazy about friction tuners on a fluke and really prefer planetary tuners. I spent $90 (tuners plus wood filler), and three nerve wracking hours one night and another hour the next morning changing out the friction tuners for UPTL planetary tuners on my used koa fluke.** It is so much easier to buy one that already has planetary tuners installed.

Good luck with the sale:)

**Helpful hint, it takes far less time and money to install UPTs if you do not mistakenly ream the hole for the first tuner just slightly too large, and then have to go to the hardware store to buy wood filler to partially fill the hole, let it dry overnight, and ream it again the next day.

Last edited:
Quit tempting me! I already bought a ukulele yesterday!! Just kidding…

This is a great deal for a uke that has the rosewood fretboard and the upgraded peg head geared planetary tuners. I am not crazy about friction tuners on the fluke and so on my used koa fluke, I spent $90 (tuners plus wood filler), and three nerve wracking hours one night and another hour the next morning changing out my friction tuners for UPTL planetary tuners.**

Good luck with the sale:)

**Helpful hint, it takes far less time and money to install UPTs if you do not mistakenly ream the hole for the first tuner just slightly too large, and then have to go to the hardware store to buy wood filler to partially fill the hole, let it dry overnight, and ream it again the next day.
Hahaha! Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Hopefully someone will want to take this beauty home with them. If I didn't have nearly an identical one with koa as the tenor I would hang onto her. She needs some regular love!

Please note the post has been edited. I was unaware that these are NOT the PegHed tuners. Excuse my ignorance but I don't want anyone to be misled and appreciate when the difference was pointed out to me.

Top Bottom