Martin C1K sound sample/Rolling in the Deep cover

GX9901

Reaction score
I've been gushing about the Martin C1K since I got it, but up to now have not posted any type of sound sample. So here is Jake Shimabukuro's version of Adele's Rolling in the Deep played on the Martin C1K.

I am still very impressed by the C1K's sound in person, but I think because it has a lot to do with how powerful it sounds, it may be hard to tell why I'm impressed with it by watching this video. Nonetheless, here it is.

It's vey nice George! I'm quite surprise how the Martin sounds... How much do they go for? I might grab one!!!

Did you learn the song only by ear...I didn't find a video of Jake playing close enough to see him actually play it...

It's a nice rendition anyway!

It's vey nice George! I'm quite surprise how the Martin sounds... How much do they go for? I might grab one!!!

Did you learn the song only by ear...I didn't find a video of Jake playing close enough to see him actually play it...

It's a nice rendition anyway!

Hey Bao, the Martin C1K has a street price of about $470. I'd actually advise against buying one sight unseen (unless there's a great return policy), as I'm not sure how consistent these are. This one was one of two at the shop, and it was clearly better sounding (and better looking). I paid Waikiki prices for mine, but I got to play it against several KoAlohas and Kanile'as, so I was happy to overpay.

I think I learned the song mostly by watching one cover I found on Youtube and also bits of videos of Jake playing it. It's actually a very simple arrangement. Give it a try!

Hey Bao, the Martin C1K has a street price of about $470. I'd actually advise against buying one sight unseen (unless there's a great return policy), as I'm not sure how consistent these are. This one was one of two at the shop, and it was clearly better sounding (and better looking). I paid Waikiki prices for mine, but I got to play it against several KoAlohas and Kanile'as, so I was happy to overpay.

I think I learned the song mostly by watching one cover I found on Youtube and also bits of videos of Jake playing it. It's actually a very simple arrangement. Give it a try!

Thanks man! By the way, how does your Martin compare to the Koaloha concert. I'm asking since I always found that Koaloha concert is probsably the best sounding uke from Koaloha....so I'm curiuos how does this one compare to it.

I might it give it a try of the song since my girlfriend like it a lot....maybe not anymore once she will hear me play it!!! ahahahaah!!!

Thanks man! By the way, how does your Martin compare to the Koaloha concert. I'm asking since I always found that Koaloha concert is probsably the best sounding uke from Koaloha....so I'm curiuos how does this one compare to it.

I might it give it a try of the song since my girlfriend like it a lot....maybe not anymore once she will hear me play it!!! ahahahaah!!!

I did a direct comparison with a KoAloha concert (which sounded very good to me) at the Waikiki shop. While I wouldn't say the Martin necessarily sounded better, it was definitely in the same level, which to me was very impressive for a non-US made Martin. Heck, it definitely sounded better to me than the US made Martin style 2 concert. But, there was another C1K at the shop that didn't sound as good, which is why I would advise trying these in person unless a good return policy is present.

Top Bottom