Martin O Sinker Mahogany 2023 Release

surfink

Reaction score
Got to check out a just released Martin Style O Soprano out of Sinker Mahogany...
Very impressed and pleased.
Apparently there will be 150(?) of these produced.
The weight is very light and balanced. (Like vintage Martins)
The finish is dark, smooth as can be and consistent.
Fretboard is dark Rosewood and smooth as well. Very nicely appointed (Small dots)
Sound is clear and resonant to my ear.
Has a nice "punchy" sound when plucked.
There is a serial # on the neck block.

I have a Martin guitar with sinker mahogany back and sides that I very much adore. Can't wait to see what the uke looks like.

Got to check out a just released Martin Style O Soprano out of Sinker Mahogany...
Fretboard is dark Rosewood and smooth as well. Very nicely appointed (Small dots)
Do you know how many Sinker Tenor 0s were produced. When one came available at my favorite Martin dealership I snatched it up, sight unseen. I’ve had it a couple of months now and absolutely cannot put it down. The tenor sinker 0 has been discontinued. I’m curious to know how many S tenors were made. Does any one know?

tom

Thanks for sharing your thoughts -- I have been curious about the Martin Sinker Sopranos but hadn't seen any reviews or substantial videos on them anywhere...

Oh great - I was just trying to convince myself that I really don't NEED a Martin Soprano to go along with my Concert and my Tenor . . . and now I'm looking into the O Sinker.

Thanks gang - my checkbook will soon hate you.

Oh great - I was just trying to convince myself that I really don't NEED a Martin Soprano to go along with my Concert and my Tenor . . . and now I'm looking into the O Sinker.

Thanks gang - my checkbook will soon hate you.
Looking forward to hearing about it

I just ordered this one. It was between this and another with a straighter grain that Sweetwater has up. I really like the pattern on both, but I had to make a choice. This one even has some cool figuring on the side.

The patterns on all that I've seen match front and back. They're 1-piece tops and backs that look to be consecutive cuts from the same piece of wood. Very cool.

tempImageZvoo1t.png tempImagerI1Y3W.png

tempImagenO2lOe.png

Now THAT is one cool-looking uke . . . but for that kind of money, you would think that it would come with a hardshell case.

Congrats and enjoy, nonetheless!

Really old looking...gorgeous! But, kinda surprised they call it an O model, with the extra frets. Some will not like the Ratios, but they look fine to me.
I've never tried the Ratio tuners. I like the black, but would have chosen UPT's if I had the choice.

Now THAT is one cool-looking uke . . . but for that kind of money, you would think that it would come with a hardshell case.

Congrats and enjoy, nonetheless!
Thanks. Yes, I'd think a hardshell case would be standard equipment with this. The bag looks nice, though. I can always swap with another if need be.

If I had the funds I would buy one to go with my Sinker Tenor. If I could only convince my wife 😢

An issue as old as time! 😀 But seriously, on the soprano front, for that much dough, you could buy a really nice vintage Style 2, or even a Style 3. Would love to hear a sinker compared to a vintage Martin.

Last edited:
Thanks, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I'd been eying them and just needed a little nudge; you pushed me over the edge. It's out for delivery today.
I posted to generate responses and get thoughts on these sopranos being offered by Martin. I am excited for you and those that take the "plunge"(sinker wood reference.) While it is true you could get a vintage Style 2 or 3 for similar money, it won't be brand new and it won't be sinker mahogany. I am a fan of "sinker" wood instruments and their distinct voice. My sinker redwood instruments are some of my "favorites."

I posted to generate responses and get thoughts on these sopranos being offered by Martin. I am excited for you and those that take the "plunge"(sinker wood reference.) While it is true you could get a vintage Style 2 or 3 for similar money, it won't be brand new and it won't be sinker mahogany. I am a fan of "sinker" wood instruments and their distinct voice. My sinker redwood instruments are some of my "favorites."
Yes, there are great benefits to a brand new uke, with warranty, and the sinker wood is very unique. I'm sure these will go quick, like the Centennials, Konters and other special Martin offerings.

Top Bottom