Martin Ukulele Owners Club

And here's the one that gets most of my play time these days. A 2018 Tenor 2 I got here on UU.

I filed the G nut slot, sanded down the saddle a bit, dressed the fret ends, oiled the board/bridge, and installed Seaguar Pink 100/60/50/30LB line. I'm thoroughly enjoying playing this one.

This one is darker in person too, I'm not sure what's causing the lightened wood. I'm not using a flash or a light, just what's in the room from the windows.

1000000257.jpg 1000000261.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread! I’ve owned several Martin guitars over the years. My kid still has a Little Martin laying around from when he was younger. More importantly, I have a Martin 0XK arriving tomorrow. I thought it would be a nice uke to take on vacation and on hikes and stuff.

It's nice to be part of a club with no annual membership fees. My T1K sounds very nice. I recently swapped the Gotoh planetary tuners(that replaced the factory guitar style tuners) for Grover 6B friction tuners, and I really love it. Gears are nice, but unnecessary on a uke.

This is my late 40’s-early 50’s Martin concert uke. She’s a bit beat but sounds great and is extremely light. I can’t help but wonder if the sticker is what makes her sound so good. IMG_4560.jpegIMG_4561.jpeg

My new to me Martin 0XK came in yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised. The action is perfect and it plays beautifully. The sound is bigger than I expected too, although it is my first experience with a concert sized uke. The neck is really quite thin, but not in an uncomfortable way. I do prefer the thick neck of the Pono. I am very happy with my newest acquisition and am looking forward to wearing the strings out!
IMG_708812666.JPG

My new to me Martin 0XK came in yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised. The action is perfect and it plays beautifully. The sound is bigger than I expected too, although it is my first experience with a concert sized uke. The neck is really quite thin, but not in an uncomfortable way. I do prefer the thick neck of the Pono. I am very happy with my newest acquisition and am looking forward to wearing the strings out!
They complement each other very nicely. (y)

I have from C. F. Martin:

1T IZ Custom Artist 2018 Commemorative All-Mahogany Tenor Tribute to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Iz) Edition #665, strung Low-G M620 fluorocarbons.

T1K All Koa Tenor Made in 2013 in Mexico is strung High-g M-620.

I like them both very much. The "IZ" mahogany has a more full, deeper and resonant voice. The Koa is not as full, and doesn't have as much sustain, but, surprisingly, I find myself playing it more often.

View attachment 153780
perfectly unmatched

Just picked up my T1K. (My ”last uke, I have enough now, really.” ha ha). It was one of those love at first sight situations. Instantly comfortable to hold, very easy to play, suited my hands nicely. I didn’t like the Martin strings at first, but I’m starting to appreciate them.

Here’s my little Martin family.
L to R:
00-16NY giant 6 string ukulele 😏, it’s got a whopping great belly, but it sounds great (although not when I play it unfortunately).
Tenor 50’s or 60’s (can’t actually remember), this is the one my son sat on. It’s been repaired but it’s pretty sad looking and rather delicate nowadays.
Style 0 20’s, goes by the name of Roadkill. Looks terrible, sounds incredible.
OXK, a great sounding bombproof uke, but I rarely play it. I should probably sell it, I really can’t justify continuing to keep it just on the off-chance that the zombie apocalypse might finally come.

4F0BC9AA-5C4C-46FA-9F06-E10E0DB07C95.jpeg

Here’s my little Martin family.
L to R:
00-16NY giant 6 string ukulele 😏, it’s got a whopping great belly, but it sounds great (although not when I play it unfortunately).
Tenor 50’s or 60’s (can’t actually remember), this is the one my son sat on. It’s been repaired but it’s pretty sad looking and rather delicate nowadays.
Style 0 20’s, goes by the name of Roadkill. Looks terrible, sounds incredible.
OXK, a great sounding bombproof uke, but I rarely play it. I should probably sell it, I really can’t justify continuing to keep it just on the off-chance that the zombie apocalypse might finally come.

View attachment 154387
I think I need to find a "Roadkill." There is just something about the old style 0's that appeal to me.

I think I need to find a "Roadkill." There is just something about the old style 0's that appeal to me.
I have a nice 50s Martin Style 0 with newer tuners (nice Waverly pegs, installed by prior owner) that I was going to list for sale -- send me a PM if you're interested.

Reactions: TBB
Top Bottom