MOOKULELE - I've GOT to have one!!

phanzo

Reaction score
Ok, so I just discovered the mookulele (Fluke with cow spots) that someone was selling here on the forums some time ago and now I am in desperation mode to find one!

I have had my dog, Slapshot, for over half of my life (he's 12, I'm 23, so you can guess how big of a role he's played in my life) and he looks just like a cow. In fact, a lot of times we call him moo-moo instead of his real name, simply bc he looks like a cow-dog. Anyway, I saw this uke and now I HAVE to have one. He is getting up there in age and I would LOVE to have a uke that I can remember him with for the rest of my life. He's my best friend and I think this is the very least I could do for him, considering how much he has put up with living with me for the last 12 years.

So, if you happen to have a "mookulele" that you don't play much or you are thinking about thinning the herd (get it, thinning the HERD? Mookulele? oh man, I crack myself up), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, contact me. I am dying to have this uke. Literally.

Thanks!!

I just did a long reply and messed it up dangit. Just paint the lava one I have. Someone posted a paint job of a fluke on here and it was super easy looking and they said it didn't change the sound at all and their sound clip proved it. Just tape off the pattern you like and spray, let dry and play. Find a picture online and just follow their pattern with your tape.

That's a great idea! I'm gonna do some searching around and hopefully find a real mookulele (with the help of the fine folks here at UU). If I dont come up with anything, I think I'll pick up that lava and give it a shot!

EDIT: This is what I'm looking for, just in case anyone is wondering:
Mookulele..jpg

Last edited:
Ohh, I had one of these, but sold it about 6 months ago. Good luck on your search. Painting another fluke would probably be your best bet, because I haven't seen any of these avaliable on the internet. Quite hard to come by.

Ohh, I had one of these, but sold it about 6 months ago. Good luck on your search. Painting another fluke would probably be your best bet, because I haven't seen any of these avaliable on the internet. Quite hard to come by.

oh man, what a bummer. I know someone out there has to have one. Did you like yours John? Was it a concert? Is that the only size they make? I'd really like a tenor, but a concert would work too!

If you're super desperate (i.e. can't wait for one to show up second hand) get in touch with the Fluke guys, apparently they're extremely helpful and are more than accommodating when it comes to custom jobs

If you're super desperate (i.e. can't wait for one to show up second hand) get in touch with the Fluke guys, apparently they're extremely helpful and are more than accommodating when it comes to custom jobs

Fluke company might even make one for you. Doesn't hurt to try them.

good idea guys, that will be my next step. Do they do concert fleas?

Deach is a nice boy.
he is indeed. I'm a little nervous. That's all he said and didn't send a response or anything. If I were to get deached a uke, I think I would pee myslef. No, scratch that...I WILL pee myself. Until then, I'm still on the prowl for a mook...

I emailed the Fluke folks and they said that it has been out of production for a couple years now. They can do a custom pressing for an extra $89. I certainly DO NOT have the money for that right now. As of Sunday, I am essentially unemployed (the resort industry doesn't exactly thrive in the 120 degree heat of a Phoenix summer :D). I can only keep my fingers crossed for now...:love:

he is indeed. I'm a little nervous. That's all he said and didn't send a response or anything. If I were to get deached a uke, I think I would pee myslef. No, scratch that...I WILL pee myself.
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

being peeing. pics please.
Oh man, I really walked in to that one didnt I?

I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am to Deach for this. He is truly "The Man!"

You will here much more about this in the days to come. Thank you so much Deach. I really dont have the word to express how excited and grateful I am. All I can say is: Thank You. :shaka:

Then again, the one place that you would find a hard-to-come-by uke like this would be on the best ukulele forum on the internet. Congrats, Phanzo. And Deach is still the man. :)

And yes, mine was a concert. It really did get a lot of comments, even more than ukes that cost several times more. Really was a nice piece. You'll definitely enjoy yours.

Top Bottom