mountain goat's "CELLULOID OR BUST" contest

Thank you so much, Jon, for your generosity and warmth, your words of encouragement, and for the opportunity to meet and hear fellow UU members who have not been on the Seasons. (Join us on the Seasons sometime!)
Big congrats to Bobby, Chris and Wiggy!!!
Can't wait to hear and see the ukes!

thank you everyone for jumping on and offering your thanks and encouragement and support of one another in the
wake of the results.
it was such a fun contest for us to run and judging really was so difficult,
each of us could gladly have nominated many other entries and been as equally proud.
you all made this contest a joy, w/out the great performances and encouragement it wouldn't have worked
so i thank you all, especially several of you who put yourselves out there for the first time -
the rest of us i know recall how intimidating that is to do.
much love gang. ❤️

thank you everyone for jumping on and offering your thanks and encouragement and support of one another in the
wake of the results.
it was such a fun contest for us to run and judging really was so difficult,
each of us could gladly have nominated many other entries and been as equally proud.
you all made this contest a joy, w/out the great performances and encouragement it wouldn't have worked
so i thank you all, especially several of you who put yourselves out there for the first time -
the rest of us i know recall how intimidating that is to do.
much love gang. ❤️
And much, much love to you Jon!

by the way mate, i don't even know what DAW stands for. :)

2. if i wanna go all 'crazy ass' i use the free audacity program on my laptop. i have a cheap USB mic and can layer tracks that way, but all through a single mic. as basic as it gets

Audacity is a DAW . Digital Audio Workstation .

Here is my first-ever YT video. Thanks to all who helped me overcome my fears.

Hi Dennis, I hope you don't mind me calling you that! I was immensely impressed and delighted by your video when you first posted it for Jon's contest, but I never got to commenting on it till today! (the first thing that struck me when I first saw your video was the sparkle in your eyes. That is what I call the I LOVE UKULELE spark. :--)) This is really sweet! Great playing! (I think maybe you are too hard on yourself! This is super!) And that uke geez, i love how it sounds! You have a soothing, lovely voice that sings so well. I can feel the love you have for this song and for playing and music in general, from reading and enjoying your visits on the Seasons. I really hope you will feel to join in the fun we have on the Seasons some time. Some weeks can be quieter than others, but I understand there are themes that don't speak so much to everyone sometimes. And ...HUGE CONGRATS on this delightful debut and winning the contest! -joo

I completely missed the prize giving! Well done everyone, and congratulations to our three winners! I loved taking part. Thanks so much Jon for pulling together such a fun challenge. The winners, to be quite soppy about it, are all of us for the lovely community spirit of creativity and encouragement that was made possible by this contest.

This isn’t a gripe toward KohanMike but I’ve tried multiple times to watch his cover of The Fishin’ Hole. All I get is a black screen. I’m guessing it has something to do with the enhanced security settings on my digital devices.
yeah i had problems too, i could view the page, i had a message come up that it was not a secure connection, i did try to view but the playback kept stopping and starting, really kind of glitchy... gutting, because the bits i did hear and see were great! i would say regarding youtube and copyright, if you do a cover of a well known song, you often do get a copyright match come up, but usually it doesn't count against you or your channel in any way, the copyright holder generally lets people use the material, they just reserve the right to put ads on it. i have heard the exception is songs by the eagles, they can get kind of nasty, so best just to avoid those!!!

yeah i had problems too, i could view the page, i had a message come up that it was not a secure connection, i did try to view but the playback kept stopping and starting, really kind of glitchy... gutting, because the bits i did hear and see were great! i would say regarding youtube and copyright, if you do a cover of a well known song, you often do get a copyright match come up, but usually it doesn't count against you or your channel in any way, the copyright holder generally lets people use the material, they just reserve the right to put ads on it. i have heard the exception is songs by the eagles, they can get kind of nasty, so best just to avoid those!!!
I was able to watch it, though there were a couple of stutters at the very beginning, where the playback stopped & started. After that it was perfect. A very nice performance.

howdy again friends!

as several references have been made to this contest on the boards in past days i thought it worthwhile
to update the original playlist so anyone interested can take a listen and a look.

the link to all the entries is in the OP of the thread
also here:
mountain goat's "CELLULOID OR BUST" ukulele contest

as well as the links to those non-you tube entries.

was so much fun!!!

🙂🌻💚

Top Bottom