Movable Chord Table - Compact but Complete

Lumify

Reaction score
I took all my favorite ukulele barre chords and condensed them into one table. The internet didn't have something this slick that I could find, so ukers should find this useful. Let me know what you think!

5TqH3M6.png

Here's the document link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5P1DjdqEzZtcHFyOEFKbTV4OHc/edit?usp=sharing

Would it be worth inverting this so it adopts the same format as chord boxes, where A is the string at the top of the page, nearest the floor on the uke?
Either that or put the string names on the left?
Nice work though.
H

I'm not sure I'd characterize this as a chart of "movable" chords because there are better movable alternatives for some of these. Generally "movable" means you can move the shape up and down the neck to form other chords. You can do that with these, but a couple of them have better (easier) alternatives.

The B7, for example, plays much more easily as an A7 shape with a barre at the 2nd fret (especially on a tenor uke), the G - if you want it movable - works more easily as an F shape at the second fret, and so on. You can then play in any key just by sliding moving up or down the neck to the correct fret.

Of course, it's your chart so whatever helps you the most is what you should go with.

John

The B7, for example, plays much more easily as an A7 shape with a barre at the 2nd fret (especially on a tenor uke), the G - if you want it movable - works more easily as an F shape at the second fret, and so on. You can then play in any key just by sliding moving up or down the neck to the correct fret.
John

Good point about the A7; I play with a low G which sounds more like a C6 chord with all open strings. The F bar chord doubles the 3rd (A) in open position, so it's tough to make it minor or 7, or m7. That's the best feature of this table, the ability to change a chord to m, m7, 7, or dim, while looking at just one column.

All the charts I found online were enormous and repetitive, this is fairly comprehensive and stays on one sheet. Grab the document and change it up if you like.

Top Bottom