New Uke Day (NUD) My New Pineapple - Uma UK30SCP concert

baconsalad

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's all solid acacia and wow is she a beaut. The wood grain is just gorgeous front and back and the abalone binding really adds to it. The build quality is as good as any Asian made uke I've tried at twice the price. The action is nice and low out of the box, a little under 2.5mm at 12. I love that I can thrash it hard with no buzz but it's low enough at the nut that I'm not punished when I'm a little lazy playing C# and A#. Soundwise I agree with all the reviews and call it 'rounded'. I guess the shape assists the low frequencies which are usually attenuated in a standard body so it has a more even sound across a wider frequency range. Its not loud. The strings are said to be 'Japanese flourocarbon' and have a very light touch. They remind me of the stock Enya Nova U strings and they need to go. I think they are too light to really let the uke show its full potential. They are currently on sale at Playpromusic.com for $450 Canuck pesos, around $325 usd with free shipping to USA and Canada. I ran into some product issues with my previous purchase and Playpro had great service and support so I don't hesitate to recommend them

Attachments

• 20240410_202618.jpg
    20240410_202618.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240410_202635.jpg
    20240410_202635.jpg
    823.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240410_202650.jpg
    20240410_202650.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
The wood on that baby is stunning!
Great job!

It's all solid acacia and wow is she a beaut. The wood grain is just gorgeous front and back and the abalone binding really adds to it. The build quality is as good as any Asian made uke I've tried at twice the price. The action is nice and low out of the box, a little under 2.5mm at 12. I love that I can thrash it hard with no buzz but it's low enough at the nut that I'm not punished when I'm a little lazy playing C# and A#. Soundwise I agree with all the reviews and call it 'rounded'. I guess the shape assists the low frequencies which are usually attenuated in a standard body so it has a more even sound across a wider frequency range. Its not loud. The strings are said to be 'Japanese flourocarbon' and have a very light touch. They remind me of the stock Enya Nova U strings and they need to go. I think they are too light to really let the uke show its full potential. They are currently on sale at Playpromusic.com for $410 Canuck pesos, around $300 usd with free shipping to USA and Canada. I ran into some product issues with my previous purchase and Playpro had great service and support so I don't hesitate to recommend them
The pineapple concert I have has really made me a fan of this shape. They sound fantastic and are confortable to play. That blue-green pineapple they offer is interesting for sure.

A stunner indeed! Something about a nice gloss finish on interesting wood grain patterns.

Top Bottom