New book: 11 original pieces for baritone (and low g)

4stringboy

Reaction score
Hi kids,

Yesterday I released my new pdf book Low Fursdays which contains 11 mini fingerstyle pieces written specifically for low tuning (one version for DGBE, one version for GCEA). You can listen to all the pieces down below, and if you're looking for some zen atmospheric pieces to play on baritone or low G then you can grab the book from my website: https://www.4stringboy.com/books.html

Big love, hope there's some music in there you enjoy!

Sammy

This is fantastic!

My first baritone uke should be on it's way to me soon; I can't wait to try some of these pieces!
Might have to give the low-G ones a try while I wait 😉

Working on the first piece now (with low G tenor for the time being): that Fmaj7 really exposes any intonation issues with my ukulele / strings / fingering!

Of course, once I start practicing this sort of stuff on a baritone, I'm sure doing it on a tenor will feel like a doddle... ;)

Love the baritone, thank you!

Working on the first piece now (with low G tenor for the time being): that Fmaj7 really exposes any intonation issues with my ukulele / strings / fingering!

Of course, once I start practicing this sort of stuff on a baritone, I'm sure doing it on a tenor will feel like a doddle... ;)
It’s funny you say that - I had much harder time recording it on tenor than baritone, I think some of the chords are more forgiving with the extra space on the fretboard!

And that Fmaj7 can sound a little jarring because of how close the E and F are, but I’m one for a little bit of wobble 😇

And that Fmaj7 can sound a little jarring because of how close the E and F are, but I’m one for a little bit of wobble 😇

Oh good, I'm glad it's supposed to sound a little bit spicy! 😅

(Definitely wobblier on some ukes than others though)

In general I'm amazed at how comfortable the baritone feels to play (first time holding one ever this week!).
That lower string tension feels so good!
And the yummy lowwww notes.... 🥰

Top Bottom