New player questions

slwbrn55

Reaction score
Hello guys , I've been playing stringed instruments for 40 + yrs mainly guitar , bass , banjo and Dobro/lap steel . It's just recently I bought a baritone ukulele and fell in love with it so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions so thanks ahead of time for your patience.

Welcome to the UU forums! Ask away! Lots of guitar players that play ukulele on here, so lots of great resources. Looking forward to hearing more about your ukulele journey

Hi, My wife and I want to learn to play together. We both have musical backgrounds, just not on strings.
We picked up a soprano Ike for her.
I am curious about the baritone as it is closer to guitar, if I want to make that jump someday. Or should I stick with the same tuning ie, concert size?
Appreciate your insights!

Hi, My wife and I want to learn to play together. We both have musical backgrounds, just not on strings.
We picked up a soprano Ike for her.
I am curious about the baritone as it is closer to guitar, if I want to make that jump someday. Or should I stick with the same tuning ie, concert size?
Appreciate your insights!
Welcome to the UU Forums!

I think that the opportunity to duet together with two different voices of ukulele would be wonderful! And it's wonderful to both learn the same chords and notes together. So each option definitely has merit. Do you have any music store near you or any ukulele groups where you can try both (i.e. a concert and a baritone)? Ukulele groups are usually very welcoming and enthusiastic to allow others to try the different instruments.

And an Ike is a wonderful first soprano 😍

Hi slwbrn55. Welcome to the UU Forum. Very cool that you play so many stringed instruments.After you play the bari for a while, you may want to try the gCEA tuning of a different scale ukulele. It definitely has a very unique sound compared to the guitar. Compatible, but different.

Enjoy your explorations.

Welcome to the UU forums! Ask away! Lots of guitar players that play ukulele on here, so lots of great resources. Looking forward to hearing more about your ukulele journey
Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the nice welcome

Top Bottom