New Solo Ukulele Record

drbekken

Reaction score
I made a solo ukulele record…recorded live down in the cellar vaults on the campus where I work… No overdubs, mix, mastering, or editing… The ukulele is a cheap Mahalo ‘Kahiko’ soprano uke…model MK1tbr… crank it up!

There is so much fun music in there. Some hauntingly beautiful, some rockin'!
Tor makes his Mahalo sound like a hammered dulcimer :)

For those interested:
1 Norwegian Krone (KON) equals
0.091 United States Dollar

There is so much fun music in there. Some hauntingly beautiful, some rockin'!
Tor makes his Mahalo sound like a hammered dulcimer :)

For those interested:
1 Norwegian Krone (KON) equals
0.091 United States Dollar
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Interesting album @drbekken ... Nice compositions, and unique tone too... For me, it evokes an illusion of steelpan drum. Have a listen, and see if you agree

I also listened to your other albums. You delve into non-western meters, and avant-garde music. You are an interesting guy @drbekken !

Last edited:
Interesting album @drbekken ... Nice compositions, and unique tone too... For me, it evokes an illusion of steelpan drum. Have a listen, and see if you agree

I also listened to your other albums. You delve into non-western meters, and avant-garde music. You are an interesting guy @drbekken !

Yes that too!

I really like this. Some of the pieces have the quality of hammered dulcimer or Japanese shamisen, I'm assuming due to the basement recording location? These pieces are beautiful, thank you for sharing. Just purchased!
Thank you ✊✊✊

I really like this. Some of the pieces have the quality of hammered dulcimer or Japanese shamisen, I'm assuming due to the basement recording location? These pieces are beautiful, thank you for sharing. Just purchased!
Yes…the reverb in that cellar vault is stunning. Recordings are done with the phone, and the sound is not tampered with in any way afterwards

That was brilliant, thanks for sharing! Just shows once again that you don't need expensive instruments or fancy equipment to make some great music.

The ambience of the room is outstanding, too.

Top Bottom