New New themes, new features, sneak previews!

A new suggestion that needs examination

TimWilson

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Staff member
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Howdy all,

So I've made a change to the default Ukulele Underground forums theme, but I'm hopeful that not many folks will notice. :)

The reasons I made the change are solely to do with backend technical nerd stuff. Short version: the old theme is obsolete and insecure, can't be repaired, and the original devs have moved on to other things; it needed to go away for safety reasons, and because we couldn't build new features on that shaky foundation. I've otherwise made every effort for the new theme to look and act as much like the old one as I can. It's admittedly not 100%, but it's pretty darn close, and offers a few advantages I'll mention in a bit.

Along with the new default theme, called Underground (just like the old one!) there are two others. They all act the same. They just look different. You can choose them from the little paintbrush icon in the lower left of every page, called the Style Chooser. As well as Undergound (the default), you can find Dark and Sky. Here's a speedy screenshot of the same portion of the screen in the the three styles:

Underground (This should look familiar!)
Undeground.png

Dark
Dark.png

Sky
Sky.png

There may be more some day, but that's the idea. Just some choices if you want 'em!

The one thing that's different about these themes from the old ones is the extended set of reactions. Instead of just "Like", there are others now...or to be more specific, they've been around for years, but broken in the old theme since at least 2020. It was our inability to repair these that made us look at the rest of the code and realize, "Oh no...we need to get rid of this NOW." Anyway, you can find the reactions by hovering over the Like button:

1699132293110.png

You may of course have seen these from the folks who've stumbled across these themes, which have been available for a while now, so I know that they're solid.

btw, @Arcy came up with the color scheme for Sky, so all credit to him for that. The other two are mostly me, but I had a LOT of folks commenting on them as I was working, especially @ploverwing, but I'm grateful to all of you. :)

You'll note that one thing missing from themes is advertising. Enjoy that while you can. LOL A new ad experience is coming, and honestly, I swear I think that most people are going to love it. I've been making a gargantuan effort to make the ads relevant, beautiful, and 100% non-invasive, and I hope to bring it online later this month. I'll talk more about it in between now and then, too....

Also note: ad-free experience for UU VIP members is working again! You VIP folks will see this again as soon as I have it turned on, but one way I can assure you that it works: I've been experimenting with new ads and placements for months now, and nobody has seen it except for admins, because the new system really, truly works.

And like I said, you'll dig the new ads -- all actually relevant, trackers turned off, all that good stuff.

New Features

Like the new themes, some of these have been around for a while, but I didn't always do a very good job at rolling them out.

• New media site support. In the olden days, you had to use the Media button (the one next to the photo button), and you had to do some minor surgery, occassionally major surgery, to get the exact right link in the resulting dialog box to embed the media from a given site, and not very many were supported.

I've done some tinkering, especially intended to help the musicians who were trying to post their stuff from Bandcamp and Soundcloud, which we flat-out didn't support....for no good reason. LOL Sincerely, I have no idea why they weren't supported, other than maybe nobody thought to try?
Now, all you have to do most of the time is paste the URL to the PAGE with the content on it that you want to embed, and WE'LL look around to find the data we need to embed the post FOR YOU. So you don't even need to look for the embed code! That had previously been a particular problem for Facebook video, which was all-but-impossible for a non-coder to embed here. It's easy now!​
Here's a partial list of supported sites, subject to change as people update their tech of course, but it's still a pretty nifty list if I say so myself! I leaned into podcast sites in particular since there are some nify ukulele podcasts out there, as well as the aforementioned players for like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Apple Music, etc.​
Media.png
In fixing this, we got an extra feature for free: when you start an embed playing, it follows you as you scroll down the page! So you can watch a video while you surf the rest of the page! It used to be that when you scrolled down the page, the video would stop.​
You can also manually pop out the video into its own window. The window is a sub-window of the current tab, so if you go to another page, the popout goes away, but it's still quite slick!​
  • Strikethrough is back! I have no idea where it went or how or why, but it's definitely back! You can find this and the next several in the newly expanded toolbars.

• Updated syling for the Spoiler button.
    Not at all mission critical, but I like it!

• Table support. This came up because some folks were looking for a better way to display tablature in our text box, and while it's limited, it's very configurable, and works quite nicely.

• Indent, outdent, center justify. I have no idea why these weren't enabled, but once I opened the box of possible tools, I didn't want to miss these!

• Some small local video support. The right way to use long-form video (say, the length of a song or longer) is to post to YT, Vimeo, Facebook, etc and embed from there (and now, more easily than ever, right? See above: just paste the page URL!), but I wanted to have SOME support for video here. The duration supported also depends on the codec, frame size, etc, but it might be helpful for quick tips on fingering a chord or a quick sound sample. That's the last (right-most) button in the toolbar.

• Expanded toolbars on mobile. Since about half of you are primarily accessing the site on mobile and tablets, I expanded the toolbars for smaller-then-desktop/laptop screens. There's a physical limit of 10 buttons visibile, but they'd only been showing 4-6, which I thought was ridiculous. And the rest of the buttons are still there, tucked behind the 3-button menu expansion at the right-most end of the toolbar.

Merged forums, new prefix buttons!

As I'm trying to get a few tech problems sorted out, I found that some of the forum organizational schemes were getting in my way. I merged a number of low-ish traffic forums, which I hope will increase the traffic in the combined new destinations, and added some of those lovely prefix buttons -- stylish, descriptive, and clickable! -- so that you'll actually be able to find what you're looking for more quickly.

Ukulele Events (Live and Streaming) combines the old "Gigs and Shows" and "Regional Get-Togethers", which might have made more sense in 2008, but not a helpful distinction today, AND didn't have any easy way to talk about streaming events. Bases covered now!

As you've seen in the Marketplace and a few other places, we have these nifty colored prefixes to cover the most common kinds of events, but hey -- if you see something missing, sing out! I'll happily add more if you think it'll help.

1699908193528.png

For that matter, I admit that the new forum name might be a bit cumbersome -- but @ploverwing dramatically streamlined my original, hideous suggestion. LOL If you've got something better to suggest, lemme know! Speaking of which:

Ukulele Tabs, Tutorials, and Song Help Requests combines the old Song Help and Tabs/Chords forums, and one of you can surely come up with a better name! LOL

These two being separate has been bugging me for years, so I'm glad to get them merged. Some people have made tabs, chord charts, and/or tutorials (quite often all of them!), and I love that they're sharing them with us....and other folks have maybe made a start on their own arrangements, or are looking for them, and it just makes sense to have them together.

One thing to note is that "Tabs/Chords" as a label should be applied for COMPLETED arrangements, and "Song Help Request" should be applied for either incomplete arrangements when you're asking other members for their ideas, or for songs where you haven't been able to find the arrangements at all.

Otherwise, same as above. If you have a better name for the forum, or more and/or better prefix labels, let me know!

1699905470613.png

And do note for both of these new forums that, like the Marketplace, prefixes are required, so I really do hope that any folks with better ideas than mine will let me know!

Coming soon-ish, or whatever I can manage. LOL

• Beautiful new ads about actual ukuleles and related stuff. I really do swear that most of you will dig it...again noting that VIP folks won't see these anymore, and that in any case, they won't be the annoying kind of ads that track you or anything like that. I hate that stuff, and won't have anything to do with it.

• Member tools. I've been digging into search queries to get some insight into what people are looking for, guiding future development and all that -- and you know what's the most common thing I'm seeing? Searches for other members. Our previous member directory was so busted and useless -- it didn't even have search!!!! -- that I just turned it off. I'm rebuilding it with a TON of new features to make it actually helpful, and hopefully fun.

• I'm working on some new stuff for member profiles, too. If you're not into filling our your member profile, or checking out other people's profiles, no biggie, feel free to continuing ignoring -- but like I said, searches for other members are far and away our #1 thing, so trust me: more people want to know about you than you think!

• Related to Member stuff, our points system is broken, and I'm working on some updates. Most people don't care about this, at least partly because in its current state it's so broken that it's neither fun nor useful, but again, I've seen it working elsewhere, and it's kinda fun when it works. :)

• Calendar. The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed this in the screenshots of the new themes, since I've been working on it in my admin view of the site. This should go live this month-ish! It'll have UU events on it for sure (the weekly podcasts, jams, group teaching sessions, open mics, tours with Aldrine and/or Aaron, etc), but as much else as you good folks can help me add.
I'll talk more about this once it goes live, but some especially cool things to note are:​
  • You can add your own events to the calendar! They'll be moderated, yes, but I want as much stuff as I can get up here!
  • Not just concerts and festivals, both online and in-person, but I also want every user group, club, jam, and meet-up in the world on the calendar!
  • You can sort events by distance from where you are, which means that you'll also be able to search for events where you live AND where you travel!
  • You can register yourself as planning to attend these events, get reminders, and other cool stuff.
  • I definitely want every user group meeting in the world here! Don't say, "Well, we only have six members" or whatever. If you have a regular meeting of any size, maybe we can help you grow it!
  • Member birthdays! NOTE: we can only show birthdays for folks who included them in their member profiles, which means that if you DON'T want your birthday in the calendar (as indeed I do not -- I hate MY birthdays LOL even if I'm fond of yours), then don't list it in your profile. Giving you the heads up so that you can turn it off NOW if you want. :)
Again, a lot more to talk about once it goes live, but I'm super excited about this.​

I know I'm leaving some stuff out because I always do, my best intentions to talk about this stuff as we go notwithstanding, but there ya go. Good stuff here, and lots more good stuff coming. We're always happy to hear requests, which are the source for almost all of these new features, so by all means, keep 'em coming!

More soon,
Tim
Mod

Attachments

• 1699133061395.png
    1699133061395.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks for all the great stuff that you are doing to make this site more fun, helpful and modern.

I am sure some of it is tedious and thankless. Perhaps some folks only recognize the stuff that is broken (sort of the way life works), but these are huge steps forward for a site which not too long ago seemed to be on life support

Thanks again!

Tim, I’m gobsmacked. You’ve done so much! And all this is taking away from YOUR time with your ukulele (not to mention your wife!).

I’ve always wondered what “points” were, assuming they were something unattainable since I wasn’t getting any.:rolleyes:

Hey, I just tried out the expanded emoticons and they work!:D

All together now:
"We love Tim, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

And with a love like that, you know we should give it to the other mods, also... Who are they, other than "that herder and wrangler"? We need to give them all an applause :)

Last edited:
Howdy all,

So I've made a change to the default Ukulele Underground forums theme, but I'm hopeful that not many folks will notice. :)

The reasons I made the change are solely to do with backend technical nerd stuff. Short version: the old theme is obsolete and insecure, can't be repaired, and the original devs have moved on to other things; it needed to go away for the safety reasons, and because we couldn't build new features on that shaky foundation. I've otherwise made every effort for the new theme to look and act as much like the old one as I can. It's admittedly not 100%, but it's pretty darn close, and offers a few advantages I'll mention in a bit.

Along with the new default theme, called Underground (just like the old one!) there are two others. They all act the same. They just look different. You can choose them from the little paintbrush icon in the lower left of every page, called the Style Chooser. As well as Undergound (the default), you can find Dark and Sky. Here's a speedy screenshot of the same portion of the screen in the the three styles:

Underground (This should look familiar!)
View attachment 160615

Dark
View attachment 160614

Sky
View attachment 160616

There may be more some day, but that's the idea. Just some choices if you want 'em!

The one thing that's different about these themes from the old ones is the extended set of reactions. Instead of just "Like", there are others now...or to be more specific, they've been around for years, but broken in the old theme since at least 2020. It was our inability to repair these that made us look at the rest of the code and realize, "Oh no...we need to get rid of this NOW." Anyway, you can find the reactions by hovering over the Like button:

View attachment 160617

You may of course have seen these from the folks who've stumbled across these themes, which have been available for a while now, so I know that they're solid.

btw, @Arcy came up with the color scheme for Sky, so all credit to him for that. The other two are mostly me, but I had a LOT of folks commenting on them as I was working, especially @ploverwing, but I'm grateful to all of you. :)

You'll note that one thing missing from themes is advertising. Enjoy that while you can. LOL A new ad experience is coming, and honestly, I swear I think that most people are going to love it. I've been making a gargantuan effort to make the ads relevant, beautiful, and 100% non-invasive, and I hope to bring it online later this month. I'll talk more about it in between now and then, too....

Also note: ad-free experience for UU VIP members is working again! You VIP folks will see this again as soon as I have it turned on, but one way I can assure you that it works: I've been experimenting with new ads and placements for months now, and nobody has seen it except for admins, because the new system really, truly works.

And like I said, you'll dig the new ads -- all actually relevant, trackers turned off, all that good stuff.

New Features

Like the new themes, some of these have been around for a while, but I didn't always do a very good job at rolling them out.

• New media site support. In the olden days, you had to use the Media button (the one next to the photo button), and you had to do some minor surgery, occassionally major surgery, to get the exact right link in the resulting dialog box to embed the media from a given site, and not very many were supported.

I've done some tinkering, especially intended to help the musicians who were trying to post their stuff from Bandcamp and Soundcloud, which we flat-out didn't support....for no good reason. LOL Sincerely, I have no idea why they weren't supported, other than maybe nobody thought to try?
Now, all you have to do most of the time is paste the URL to the PAGE with the content on it that you want to embed, and WE'LL look around to find the data we need to embed the post FOR YOU. So you don't even need to look for the embed code! That had previously been a particular problem for Facebook video, which was all-but-impossible for a non-coder to embed here. It's easy now!​
Here's a partial list of supported sites, subject to change as people update their tech of course, but it's still a pretty nifty list if I say so myself! I leaned into podcast sites in particular since there are some nify ukulele podcasts out there, as well as the aforementioned players for like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Apple Music, etc.​
In fixing this, we got an extra feature for free: when you start an embed playing, it follows you as you scroll down the page! So you can watch a video while you surf the rest of the page! It used to be that when you scrolled down the page, the video would stop.​
You can also manually pop out the video into its own window. The window is a sub-window of the current tab, so if you go to another page, the popout goes away, but it's still quite slick!​
  • Strikethrough is back! I have no idea where it went or how or why, but it's definitely back! You can find this and the next several in the newly expanded toolbars.

• Updated syling for the Spoiler button.
    Not at all mission critical, but I like it!

• Table support. This came up because some folks were looking for a better way to display tablature in our text box, and while it's limited, it's very configurable, and works quite nicely.

• Indent, outdent, center justify. I have no idea why these weren't enabled, but once I opened the box of possible tools, I didn't want to miss these!

• Some small local video support. The right way to use long-form video (say, the length of a song or longer) is to post to YT, Vimeo, Facebook, etc and embed from there (and now, more easily than ever, right? See above: just paste the page URL!), but I wanted to have SOME support for video here. The duration supported also depends on the codec, frame size, etc, but it might be helpful for quick tips on fingering a chord or a quick sound sample. That's the last (right-most) button in the toolbar.

• Expanded toolbars on mobile. Since about half of you are primarily accessing the site on mobile and tablets, I expanded the toolbars for smaller-then-desktop/laptop screens. There's a physical limit of 10 buttons visibile, but they'd only been showing 4-6, which I thought was ridiculous. And the rest of the buttons are still there, tucked behind the 3-button menu expansion at the right-most end of the toolbar.

Merged forums, new prefix buttons!

As I'm trying to get a few tech problems sorted out, I found that some of the forum organizational schemes were getting in my way. I merged a number of low-ish traffic forums, which I hope will increase the traffic in the combined new destinations, and added some of those lovely prefix buttons -- stylish, descriptive, and clickable! -- so that you'll actually be able to find what you're looking for more quickly.

Ukulele Events (Live and Streaming) combines the old "Gigs and Shows" and "Regional Get-Togethers", which might have made more sense in 2008, but not a helpful distinction today, AND didn't have any easy way to talk about streaming events. Bases covered now!

As you've seen in the Marketplace and a few other places, we have these nifty colored prefixes to cover the most common kinds of events, but hey -- if you see something missing, sing out! I'll happily add more if you think it'll help.

View attachment 161024

For that matter, I admit that the new forum name might be a bit cumbersome -- but @ploverwing dramatically streamlined my original, hideous suggestion. LOL If you've got something better to suggest, lemme know! Speaking of which:

Ukulele Tabs, Tutorials, and Song Help Requests combines the old Song Help and Tabs/Chords forums, and one of you can surely come up with a better name! LOL

These two being separate has been bugging me for years, so I'm glad to get them merged. Some people have made tabs, chord charts, and/or tutorials (quite often all of them!), and I love that they're sharing them with us....and other folks have maybe made a start on their own arrangements, or are looking for them, and it just makes sense to have them together.

One thing to note is that "Tabs/Chords" as a label should be applied for COMPLETED arrangements, and "Song Help Request" should be applied for either incomplete arrangements when you're asking other members for their ideas, or for songs where you haven't been able to find the arrangements at all.

Otherwise, same as above. If you have a better name for the forum, or more and/or better prefix labels, let me know!

View attachment 161022

And do note for both of these new forums that, like the Marketplace, prefixes are required, so I really do hope that any folks with better ideas than mine will let me know!

Coming soon-ish, or whatever I can manage. LOL

• Beautiful new ads about actual ukuleles and related stuff. I really do swear that most of you will dig it...again noting that VIP folks won't see these anymore, and that in any case, they won't be the annoying kind of ads that track you or anything like that. I hate that stuff, and won't have anything to do with it.

• Member tools. I've been digging into search queries to get some insight into what people are looking for, guiding future development and all that -- and you know what's the most common thing I'm seeing? Searches for other members. Our previous member directory was so busted and useless -- it didn't even have search!!!! -- that I just turned it off. I'm rebuilding it with a TON of new features to make it actually helpful, and hopefully fun.

• I'm working on some new stuff for member profiles, too. If you're not into filling our your member profile, or checking out other people's profiles, no biggie, feel free to continuing ignoring -- but like I said, searches for other members are far and away our #1 thing, so trust me: more people want to know about you than you think!

• Related to Member stuff, our points system is broken, and I'm working on some updates. Most people don't care about this, at least partly because in its current state it's so broken that it's neither fun nor useful, but again, I've seen it working elsewhere, and it's kinda fun when it works. :)

• Calendar. The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed this in the screenshots of the new themes, since I've been working on it in my admin view of the site. This should go live this month-ish! It'll have UU events on it for sure (the weekly podcasts, jams, group teaching sessions, open mics, tours with Aldrine and/or Aaron, etc), but as much else as you good folks can help me add.
I'll talk more about this once it goes live, but some especially cool things to note are:​
  • You can add your own events to the calendar! They'll be moderated, yes, but I want as much stuff as I can get up here!
  • Not just concerts and festivals, both online and in-person, but I also want every user group, club, jam, and meet-up in the world on the calendar!
  • You can sort events by distance from where you are, which means that you'll also be able to search for events where you live AND where you travel!
  • You can register yourself as planning to attend these events, get reminders, and other cool stuff.
  • I definitely want every user group meeting in the world here! Don't say, "Well, we only have six members" or whatever. If you have a regular meeting of any size, maybe we can help you grow it!
  • Member birthdays! NOTE: we can only show birthdays for folks who included them in their member profiles, which means that if you DON'T want your birthday in the calendar (as indeed I do not -- I hate MY birthdays LOL even if I'm fond of yours), then don't list it in your profile. Giving you the heads up so that you can turn it off NOW if you want. :)
Again, a lot more to talk about once it goes live, but I'm super excited about this.​

I know I'm leaving some stuff out because I always do, my best intentions to talk about this stuff as we go notwithstanding, but there ya go. Good stuff here, and lots more good stuff coming. We're always happy to hear requests, which are the source for almost all of these new features, so by all means, keep 'em coming!

More soon,
Tim
Mod
Very nice!

Can we soon adjust font size again?

Magnificent, Tim. Thanks for the incredible amount work you've put into this! The tools available now and the experience as a user is so much better now than when I joined a mere year and a half ago. Fantastic!!!

Perhaps some folks only recognize the stuff that is broken (sort of the way life works), but these are huge steps forward for a site which not too long ago seemed to be on life support

That's exactly why I volunteered! I recognized some of what was broken and how to fix it....and then I found the rest. Oops. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Sooo much still to come!

And with a love like that, you know we should give it to the other mods, also... Who are they, other than "that herder and wrangler"?

It's me and @ploverwing , but we're also both grateful for the things @Arcy pointed us toward in the beginning of the year. He started the theme redesign work, turned on the prefixes and some other cool stuff. I'm really pleased with the things I've figured out since then, and proud of my work along the way, but it wouldn't have happened without Amie's support, guidance, and care.

But @Wiggy, I'm both humbled and delighted that you managed to work so many Beatle references into such a short space. True poetry! ☺️

I’ve always wondered what “points” were, assuming they were something unattainable since I wasn’t getting any.:rolleyes:

It's crazy to me that our point system tops out at 113. What? Why? And there are literally THOUSANDS of people at that level.

Of course it doesn't REALLY matter, but managed properly, they tell the tale of our lives together -- not just who's posting what, but how other people FEEL about those posts with their likes and other responses.

Yes, completely goofy and irrelevant...and yet, not at all!!! They may be the icing on the cake of the community we're building, but icing done right is yummy, and ours isn't, so I want to make it better.

I'm so tempted to type in very odd search queries now...

Don't forget the Advanced Search that you can find under the Forums subnav at the top of the page on desktop, and under the left "hamburger menu" on mobile (screenshot here):

Screenshot_20231113-184134.png

It needs a few tweaks before I make it our default, but it has the advantage of being able to search more deeply, including shorter search terms than our current default allows!

Lots more to respond to, but it's late here in Hawaii. I'll be back tomorrow for more! You're all very kind, and I'm very glad you're digging the newness!

More soon....

Mahalo,
Tim

That's exactly why I volunteered! I recognized some of what was broken and how to fix it....and then I found the rest. Oops. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Sooo much still to come!

It's me and @ploverwing , but we're also both grateful for the things @Arcy pointed us toward in the beginning of the year. He started the theme redesign work, turned on the prefixes and some other cool stuff. I'm really pleased with the things I've figured out since then, and proud of my work along the way, but it wouldn't have happened without Amie's support, guidance, and care.

But @Wiggy, I'm both humbled and delighted that you managed to work so many Beatle references into such a short space. True poetry! ☺️

It's crazy to me that our point system tops out at 113. What? Why? And there are literally THOUSANDS of people at that level.

Of course it doesn't REALLY matter, but managed properly, they tell the tale of our lives together -- not just who's posting what, but how other people FEEL about those posts with their likes and other responses.

Yes, completely goofy and irrelevant...and yet, not at all!!! They may be the icing on the cake of the community we're building, but icing done right is yummy, and ours isn't, so I want to make it better.

Don't forget the Advanced Search that you can find under the Forums subnav at the top of the page on desktop, and under the left "hamburger menu" on mobile (screenshot here):

View attachment 161053

It needs a few tweaks before I make it our default, but it has the advantage of being able to search more deeply, including shorter search terms than our current default allows!

Lots more to respond to, but it's late here in Hawaii. I'll be back tomorrow for more! You're all very kind, and I'm very glad you're digging the newness!

More soon....

Mahalo,
Tim
:devilish: I actually meant it in a michevous way, since you are looking at the user search quieries lol. For example I searched for “Yay! We love Tim!” for you to maybe see. But maybe you’ll see some weird stuff if im being goofy. Or maybe this isnt how it works and im just showing I’m not tech savy hah

I hope our changes go smoothly.

I'm on two forums that both use the same Fora platform, and they have been changing things over the last two weeks. It has been a mess. Pages that load slow, or not at all. Photos that don't load, buttons that don't work, reply windows that don't work. Sometimes the whole site won't open, just an error screen. Sometimes it's all good for a while, then it starts going haywire again. Yesterday it took me half an hour to get on a thread, then I got halfway through a reply and couldn't finish it.

A lot of what you're showing looks just like those Fora forums. Like the reaction smilies, dark mode, the 3 dot menu extenders, etc.

A stellar example of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". They were fine three weeks ago! We don't like most of the changes, some of them are pointless.

Last edited:
A stellar example of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". They were fine three weeks ago! We don't like most of the changes, some of them are pointless.
To be honest, before Tim, Amie and Arcy came along the UU forums pretty much were broke!

Quite a few of the changes - the different smilie options, dark mode etc - have been available for a while now, certainly more than three weeks, and they haven’t slowed anything down or broken anything yet! And they’re easy enough to ignore if they’re not your thing.

I don’t think you need to worry, I feel that with our current mods the site is in excellent hands. OTOH if @TimWilson and @ploverwing ever get bored and wander off we really will be up the proverbial with no method of propulsion 😂

There were times in the past when you could highlight a section of text an change the size - it was a great way to make a comment sotto voce, rather than just italicized and lower...

View attachment 161060
Also colors for text were an option.

it was a great way to make a comment sotto voce, rather than just italicized and lower...

You had me at sotto voce. :ROFLMAO: Done!

Also colors for text were an option.

And done!

You can find both of these options toward the right-hand side of the toolbar. On mobile and some pads, or on desktop browsers that aren't in full-width windows, both of these options will be hidden under the extended menu (aka, the kebab menuL three vertical dots), but they're otherwise in the same location.

Easy ones are fun! ☺️

Top Bottom