New to me Kanile’a SuperTenor

quiltingshirley

Reaction score
I love this super tenor size and sound. It’s used and came with a passive pickup that sounds quite nice. The neck is a 19 inch scale which makes notes on the upper neck sound clear with lots of sustain. I put a new set of Kanile’a’s 5 string set on and it sounds good and plays easy. (they had the nylon gut). I have a baritone Kanile’a but I highly recommend this one. I’ll try to post a picture.IMG_3798.jpeg

Yes - that looks awesome ! Nice .
It sounds wonderful. I changed out the strings to Kanile’a fluorocarbon 5 string (Worth), and changed the metal low g for a Worth brown. Much happier with the sound and finger tenderness. It has a passive pickup that will work with my old Bellinger amp but not the Bose we usually use. Have no need for it to be amp’d in normal playing but was surprised. I find it easy to just use the low or high g but they sound good together. I’m not used to passive pickups. I saw the jack in the end and thought “wow, an unexpected pickup”. Then I looked inside and only saw bracing, everywhere. I was thinking it’s going to be hard getting a battery in there and decided to phone Kanile’a factory. Lina Girl explained passive pickups have no battery so no place or need to fit one somewhere. Yeah!

I've been tempted by the Willie K several times. The sound is awesome. I just can't play a 19" scale. Beautiful uke.

You probably need a DI box or an external preamp to use with the Bose PA. Especially if you use longer cords to connect.

I recently purchased one of these in standard, not Willie K. I expected it to sound great but it has far surpassed anything I was hoping for.

Top Bottom