New to uke--Fan of George Formby, George Harrison and more

...."complaining the whole time.". That's my favorite part of the whole story! Are you guys still up in Surprise?

Well, Luna celebrated with a mini scoop of strawberry ice cream, a mini cupcake and a swirl of whipped cream and got a new bow and toy cupcakes for presents. One happy girl!

Her happiness and regular vet check delays my own happiness until at least June, though. Hey, dog mother's day lasts a little longer, right?

Attachments

• IMG_20230504_140609802.jpg
    IMG_20230504_140609802.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230504_141403717.jpg
    IMG_20230504_141403717.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
...."complaining the whole time.". That's my favorite part of the whole story! Are you guys still up in Surprise?

Well, Luna celebrated with a mini scoop of strawberry ice cream, a mini cupcake and a swirl of whipped cream and got a new bow and toy cupcakes for presents. One happy girl!

Her happiness and regular vet check delays my own happiness until at least June, though. Hey, dog mother's day lasts a little longer, right?
Glad to see that Luna isn't spoiled—too much.

Delayed gratification can be a good thing.

No, we've moved several times since Surprise. But we are returning to Arizona in a couple of months. To Prescott, 5000 ft up in the mountains.

I'm glad you still come to AZ. The north is so beautiful and liveable! I've only been as north as Sedona on a much needed day trip, but it's a relief to know there's a part of AZ where you don't have to duck and hide half the year, lol! Have you seen much of the country?

My uke delay is only making me more in awe with the instrument. Last night I discovered Salva Rey and was just stunned by the beauty and the range. I don't read Spanish, or sheet music, yet, but I look forward to reading his books. His version of the song I know in English as, "Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps" is honestly something to aspire to.

G’day Bunnyo I pref Tenor Ukulele’s for me they feel better with my fat fingers and years playing guitar. Kala make some excellent instruments and are one of the most popular in their price range I own two. I hope you enjoy your ukulele journey.

G’day Bunnyo I pref Tenor Ukulele’s for me they feel better with my fat fingers and years playing guitar. Kala make some excellent instruments and are one of the most popular in their price range I own two. I hope you enjoy your ukulele journey.
What a great note for a morning lark to wake up to! Hi there, Jonny! Where are you from in Australia? Kalas do seem like exceptionally fine instruments. Do they sound as rich as they look?

I've been reading about micro beveling with joins being made with foil? I'd imagine these are only on the most expensive ukes. A first ukulele seems like the hardest to choose.

"A first ukulele seems like the hardest to choose."

You'll see a lot of UAS here, (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome), even with high end ukuleles, so while I agree it's hard to choose that first ukulele, for many of us, it doesn't stop there. LOL.

Luna is adorable, and it looks like she was appropriately spoiled for her birthday.

I have to chase my dogs around the yard with buckets of water to give them baths. I hear that there are some dogs who like baths, but I've never had one of those.

What a great note for a morning lark to wake up to! Hi there, Jonny! Where are you from in Australia? Kalas do seem like exceptionally fine instruments. Do they sound as rich as they look?

I've been reading about micro beveling with joins being made with foil? I'd imagine these are only on the most expensive ukes. A first ukulele seems like the hardest to choose.
Hi Bunnyo I’m from the New South Wales Central Coast about a hour north of Sydney.

Hi Bunny, welcome to the UU Forum. The uke is a great instrument to learn. It's fun to play and easier to get started with than most other instruments.

My first question is where are you located? The US, UK or somewhere else? (I mention those two because you are a member of the George Formby Appreciation Society.)

You might want to check out the gotaukulele.com website. Located in England, it's creator Barry Maz runs it and the site has hundreds of unbiased ukulele reviews in it as well as tips, information and the occasional commentary about the world of ukuleles.
Thank you!

Top Bottom