New ukulele day!!!!!!

UkeNut87

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I got my PoPs WoW ukulele today and I’m so happy with it. It’s my first soprano which I’m very impressed with. Alvin and Ed treated so well and I am furever in ther det. Thank you Alvin an Ed as you made me something I could never part with. Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 76
I have that same soprano Wow and it's big brother tenor Wow. Great voices from lowly pine and spruce body! And I agree, Ed and Pop's are wonderful to work with! What a team, and they make you feel like you are part of the team! I've got a new Pop's uke coming in a few days... I'm very excited. So glad Pops is back to building ukes again! Congrats on a GREAT uke!

I am happy that you received your new Wow, Chris and that you love it. I know the soprano is different for you but I hope that you learn to love it. Congratulations on the new uke!!!
Omg I didn’t realize this was you Ed! Thank you so much for what u and Pops did for me. I have never had ANYONE treat me so well. The gift from you and Pops will stay with me furever.

And it’s post like yuors that make me feel like I belong hear. Thanks so much for the very nice words. Mahalo
Chris, I am glad that you found this forum. Since playing ukulele is "your life", this is the place for you. there are many good and caring people on this forum all with one common connection, this beautiful four-stringed instrument called the Ukulele. It is amazing how this little instrument can bring so much joy and so many people together. Welcome to the community.

Chris, I am glad that you found this forum. Since playing ukulele is "your life", this is the place for you. there are many good and caring people on this forum all with one common connection, this beautiful four-stringed instrument called the Ukulele. It is amazing how this little instrument can bring so much joy and so many people together. Welcome to the community.
Welcome Chris! Looking forward to hearing your comments here on the forum. Keep on strumming!

To repeat @Patty
Wow on your WOW.

Chris, you will be happy to know that I am getting my first new soprano Wow. it will be coming next week. When Pops made the original Wow in 2015, he made them for the high school age kids in the choir I directed. I have one of them but they are very different from the Wow he is making now and the one that you have. When I put in the order for yours, I also put in an order for my own. I am excited to be getting it and look forward to reading your experience as you discover the Wow.

IMG_2149.jpgIMG_2150.jpgIMG_2151.jpgIMG_2148.jpg

Last edited:
When Pops made the original Wow in 2015, he made them for the high school age kids in the choir I directed. I have one of them but they are very different from the Wow he is making now and the one that you have.
Lovely post - I caught sight of Chris's other thread. I had a look at the Wow history on the website and was intrigued to see the development of the model. It will be most interesting to hear the difference in how the earlier (?simpler) ones play and sound in comparison to this new one.

Lovely post - I caught sight of Chris's other thread. I had a look at the Wow history on the website and was intrigued to see the development of the model. It will be most interesting to hear the difference in how the earlier (?simpler) ones play and sound in comparison to this new one.
Thanks for your note on the post. I too am curious to see how this new one plays. Over the years, I have tried all of the various designs. Although all very good individually, if you play them against the simpler, plain original Harmony Wow, to my ear, the original wins every time. If tone is the only factor- then hands down, the Harmony Wow is the best. It is simple pine back and sides with Spruce top and zero ornamentation. it is such a pure sound. The others, if played alone sound fabulous. Even if played against other brands, but compared to the Harmony Wow, the Harmony wins the contest. I'll be curious when I get the new one on Wednesday.49757982692_53837657d8_3k.jpg49757123273_e88d0513b3_3k.jpg49770480283_c730b9885a_4k.jpg

Top Bottom