Shipping
included
Size
tenor

salsarev

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used solid wood tenor uke. I'm not picky on the wood combination - Spruce top, mahogany, etc., just not acacia (I have one). I prefer a bit wider nut, so 36mm or wider. Budget is in the $300 - $400 range. Inbox me if you have one to sell.
Thanks!
David

I'm looking for a used solid wood tenor uke. I'm not picky on the wood combination - Spruce top, mahogany, etc., just not acacia (I have one). I prefer a bit wider nut, so 36mm or wider. Budget is in the $300 - $400 range. Inbox me if you have one to sell.
Thanks!
David
You should check out some of the current pono posts! There is a hog tenor that fits your requests :)

Those are nice ukes but the Pono nut width is a tad too narrow. I owned a nice Pono but couldn't handle the neck. Thanks for the heads-up!
Yeah, how I wish Pono would offer a wider than 35mm nut and wider string spacing option, as otherwise, they are right up my alley, and I'd own a couple, but I guess I'm in the minority on those specs. Wide nut solid tenors in that price range seem to be a rare bird indeed.

All I know is that Lanikai has a wider nut... and I like them.

Last edited:
Enya has a solid spruce/rosewood for under $300. Enya makes very fine instruments from my experience, very good bang for buck. They also have lots of all solid mahogany for a steal.

I've been looking at the Twisted Woods Rock Roots tenor which is solid mahogany and has a 1.49" nut (38 mm). Great price including shipping. Had some positive feedback on them and found some not so positive info here in the forums.

Trying to decide if it's this or a Mainland (smaller nut 36mm) that I will purchase.

I have a Lanikai MAS-T that is solid gloss mahogany. 37.4 mm at nut. Very good quality and it's just $279.

David, is it the width of the neck at the neck that you need wider, or is it the string spacing that you want wider?

Not to be a broken record, but listen to this beauty! :love::love::love: You can get it sup by aloha city ukes. It has radius fretboard and very wide at 38mm, solid spruce top solid rosewood back and sides. It also has a really nice break angle on the strings at the bridge, which I think improves sound and projection. Great price too

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

Thanks for the heads-up but I bought one today.

Top Bottom