Nope!

I had a vague ambition of making something with plenty of jazz hands and a dancing choir singing "Nope, Nope, nope-e-dy-nope!" in the most cheerful of ways.
But the process of writing a song and making a multi track recording with a baby around ... Nope.

Sad that there were not more entries. Perhaps the lack of prewritten songs with "Nope" in them made it harder to come up with something.

Not that it would have been any competition to the fine entry by @Renaissance-Man but my intended entry of Travis Tritt’s “Here’s A Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares” got sidetracked by time allocated away from practicing to repairing my Famous pineapple.

I had a vague ambition of making something with plenty of jazz hands and a dancing choir singing "Nope, Nope, nope-e-dy-nope!" in the most cheerful of ways.
But the process of writing a song and making a multi track recording with a baby around ... Nope.

Sad that there were not more entries. Perhaps the lack of prewritten songs with "Nope" in them made it harder to come up with something.
Moral of the story: Don't have a baby

Well, hopefully, when he is older, he can be in the choir in stead of a group of myselfs 😂.

Nah, of course, that would be a bad idea.
Don't mind me. I just get a big kick out of being rude about marriage and motherhood because people try and peer pressure me about it lol

oh, it's over...poo

me and joo were gonna record an awesome song by Ed's Redeeming Qualities called 'More Bad Times' for the
contest Voran, and throw in lots of refrains of 'nope' in between the lines. :) simply lost track
of the date and distracted w/ seasons stuff and boom, here we are and didn't get to it.

in any case, take a listen to this, reckon it'll make you smile.
thanks for offering the contest Voran and enjoy your chocolates o ye of renaissance sensibility!

I won't... promise!

But my wife had two... does that count?

Karnack the magnificent will now predict Voran's answer...

Nope...

Nope indeed. Poor wife.

Poor wife
Hmmm... maybe not...

We met when I was 19 and she 21... I was still a kid myself! We both said we would never get married and never have any kids. We had all sorts of high minded justifications, of course. Did our own thing for the next 7 years.

One day she says to me: "I've changed my mind... I'm feeling like my life won't be complete unless I have kids. What do you think?"

Anyhow, our two kids are amazing people. One is a semi-famous author and the other works on big name projects in Hollywood and just bought a $1,000,000 house. And they both work tirelessly for justice and rights for the oppressed, making a difference in people's lives. So cool!

I had to change my tune and do an about face, but I'm glad I did in retrospect. It was one of the hardest turns I've made in my life. But it would have blown us apart... and I didn't want that! I value our relationship just as much today.

Hmmm... maybe not...

We met when I was 19 and she 21... I was still a kid myself! We both said we would never get married and never have any kids. We had all sorts of high minded justifications, of course. Did our own thing for the next 7 years.

One day she says to me: "I've changed my mind... I'm feeling like my life won't be complete unless I have kids. What do you think?"

Anyhow, our two kids are amazing people. One is a semi-famous author and the other works on big name projects in Hollywood and just bought a $1,000,000 house. And they both work tirelessly for justice and rights for the oppressed, making a difference in people's lives. So cool!

I had to change my tune and do an about face, but I'm glad I did in retrospect. It was one of the hardest turns I've made in my life. But it would have blown us apart... and I didn't want that! I value our relationship just as much today.
I'm glad you are happy with your life. Personally I don't feel I need 'justifications' myself nor do I think not wanting kids is high minded. I'm not remotely relationship minded and I can't imagine drinking less Red Bull to please a man let alone having kids to please him lol.

I’m sorry I didn’t manage to get my song written in time - and dammit, I had a second idea as well that would have worked.

Top Bottom