Not Thankful: What was your biggest buying mistake of 2023?

I got my first ukes in 2006. Then, I worked crazy hours and didn't have much free time. I became a widower in Oct '21, and retired 2 months later. I have tons of free time now but just can't concentrate and get it together like I used to.
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will find maybe some new things to fill some of your time and the concentration will return. Best Wishes

Buying a second and third banjo. One was fine, and I learned a lot playing it for a few months, so I don’t regret buying one. Buying music books that I haven’t used much is a second regret. I get too excited and ambitious and don’t enjoy what I already have. 🙂

It wasn't an ukulele, but we bought a commode and hired a jackleg who posed as a plumber to install it. Hundreds of dollars later, it is finally installed correctly. Using the potty can waste a lot of ukulele money!

@bbkobabe what model bass uke are you thinking I’d selling? I promised to sell one of mine to a good friend and am having second thoughts. It’s one I don’t play often, but I when I do, it’s great. I have two other bass ukes, but they are all very different from one another.
It's a Kala/Cane Toad uBass called the Hutch Hutchinson model... It came damaged so I replaced all the electronics and it's fine now except - as a former bass player I just can't get used to the playing position.

I bought it so I could play that Mariah Carey song with my class... what was I thinking? I hate Christmas music!

DM me and I'll give you a super deal, if you or your friend are tempted...

I got my first ukes in 2006. Then, I worked crazy hours and didn't have much free time. I became a widower in Oct '21, and retired 2 months later. I have tons of free time now but just can't concentrate and get it together like I used to.
Understandable that you're not playing much.
I hope that your concentration improves and we can encourage you to enjoy your ukuleles.

Buying a second and third banjo. One was fine, and I learned a lot playing it for a few months, so I don’t regret buying one. Buying music books that I haven’t used much is a second regret. I get too excited and ambitious and don’t enjoy what I already have. 🙂
Books are patient, though!

Top Bottom