NUD: Donner Concert

Jerryc41

Reaction score
After seeing the reviews by Baz and others and coming across someone who has one, I decided to buy a Donner mahogany concert uke. As reviewers have said, it's surprisingly nice. For $68, I doubt you could find a nicer uke. The extras that are included add up to more than $68. I like the special attention they gave to the color of the tuning knobs - matching the wood.

I figure with Christmas approaching, it's only right that I own a "Donner." ;)

Don't ask about the setup or string measurements, please.

01-2.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Kmise makes one that looks identical, and you're right, it sounds surprisingly good and plays easy.
Well, they most likely are the same ukulele.

Kmise makes one that looks identical, and you're right, it sounds surprisingly good and plays easy.
agree... the only difference I see is the bridge, end of the fretboard and (obviously) the logo and decal. oh and the kmise is $10 cheaper.

After seeing the reviews by Baz and others and coming across someone who has one, I decided to buy a Donner mahogany concert uke. As reviewers have said, it's surprisingly nice. For $68, I doubt you could find a nicer uke. The extras that are included add up to more than $68. I like the special attention they gave to the color of the tuning knobs - matching the wood.

I figure with Christmas approaching, it's only right that I own a "Donner." ;)

Don't ask about the setup or string measurements, please.

View attachment 145394

View attachment 145395

View attachment 145396
Very nice!! That's a super nice uke for $68!

Jerry - Not sure how I overlooked your review until today. That's the uke stocked as a "beginner kit" by five of the seven branches of our regional lending library. As to the request from @badhabits for a sound sample, I've posted at least 3 recent SOTU entries on that borrowed uke. Here's a link to my solo of Albert Brumley's 1930's gospel standard, "The Prettiest Flowers [Will Be Blooming]".

In addition to the wood-colored pegs & not-plastic bridge that you noted, other positive factors are:
Decent action (between 2.5mm and 3mm)
Side fret markers
Smooth frets with tapered edges
Edge-tapering on the nut
Strap buttons

Wood fret board
Cheers!

Top Bottom