NUD: Flight Caraboa Baritone

about2

Reaction score
I’ve been remiss in sharing as I’ve actually had this guy for a month but just now had time to make a video. I’m the second owner of this rather unique instrument. It is an exclusive signature model for the Southern Ukulele Store in the UK. It is solid spruce top and solid mango back and sides. I‘ve owned several baritones and must say this is the best I’ve played. I was hoping I could find a bari in my price range that had either a cedar or spruce top - and this Flight, with its wood pairing, exceeds my expectations. It has a wide range of potential dynamics which I tried show in the video. Unfortunately the mic on my iPad does not do this guy justice.
It produces a full sound which can easily fill a room.

I'm still searching for the string set that renders both the sound and touch I want. I have Guadalupe strings on it in the video and Oasis strings in the audio file. Both are okay, but not perfect. To me, finding the right ones is part of the fun. My playing in the sound samples has several flaws, but they do let you hear what this wonderful instrument sounds like.

The video is my rendition of Marco Cirillo's, Yet I Smile. The audio file is my version of Daniel Ho's, Amis Rondo.

It produces a full sound which can easily fill a room...
The video is my rendition of Marco Cirillo's, Yet I Smile.
Very enjoyable listening! The "pup" was listening attentively :)

Top Bottom