New Uke Day (NUD) NUD - Flight Fireball Baritone

Show and tell for your brand new ukes! Even if they're used!
Congratulations and send pics when you receive. I had a chance to play the tenor version at Funky Frets last week and Fireballs are fantastic ukes. If they would have had a baritone it would have come back to NC with me.

Was wondering; is it harder to change strings on that open center type of headstock?
I don't find the headstock any harder but it did take me awhile and a few flying projectiles to adjust to bridge pins.

Congrats! It looks lovely. I used to own a flight bari, I’m very impressed with flight ukes. Have fun with your bari!

That has to have awesome low end with both wound D & G strings.

Great looking uke. Congrats!

That has to have awesome low end with both wound D & G strings.

Great looking uke. Congrats!
Honestly, I wish I could figure out what strings are on it. I know the B & E are their version of Worth Browns, but I'm trying to work out what to do for the D&G when I need to replace them. Honestly I usually dislike the strings on a ukulele when I get it, but I absolutely love the sound of this and want to keep that sound.

Nice. I would do the "I like big bouts and I cannot lie" joke but got in some slightly warm water the last i time I did. So I won't do that again. 🙃

Not sure about the strings. There are lots of options for wound D and G strings. Most any classical guitar set 4 and 5 strings will work.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wish I could figure out what strings are on it. I know the B & E are their version of Worth Browns, but I'm trying to work out what to do for the D&G when I need to replace them. Honestly I usually dislike the strings on a ukulele when I get it, but I absolutely love the sound of this and want to keep that sound.
I replaced the original strings on mine with a Uke Logic set. They give you lots of options for the D and G. I went with the Gold Smoothwound D and the Thomastik-Infeld flatwound G.

I have a Mainland baritone with an unwound set of Uke Logic strings and I like those too.

The stock strings are be D'addario black nylons so the bass strings are most likely just the wound strings from that set. The treble strings are also black nylons, not Worth Browns. The Flight website has them listed wrong, most likely because the strings on the tenor and soprano models are Worth Browns.

The stock strings are be D'addario black nylons so the bass strings are most likely just the wound strings from that set. The treble strings are also black nylons, not Worth Browns. The Flight website has them listed wrong, most likely because the strings on the tenor and soprano models are Worth Browns.
Thanks for info. I contacted flight and they still replied worth browns!

Been waiting to purchase for months and Have enjoyed it for a few days. Wonderful melodic sustained sound. Strings too high at 12th fret, but don’t want to mess with change until my luthier takes a look next week. As others have indicated , the strings can’t be all WB as flight insists. Comes with decent bag and neck tool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom