New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: Flight Fireball

I like watching the Southern Ukulele Store reviews, but you have to realize that they are selling ukes. I wouldn't expect them to give their merchandise a bad review. However, they would not be selling ukes that they don't like.
The one negative Alex from SUS mentions about the Flight Fireball is that some customers say that the Fireball isn't loud enough when playing friends. Hence the reason why he developed the Flight Carabao. He wanted to combine the projection and volume from a spruce top and the sweet sound of mango.

The one negative Alex from SUS mentions about the Flight Fireball is that some customers say that the Fireball isn't loud enough when playing friends. Hence the reason why he developed the Flight Carabao. He wanted to combine the projection and volume from a spruce top and the sweet sound of mango.

Funny! I'm never in competition for loudness. It sounds pretty loud to me. It has the built-in electronics, so I guess I could make it louder.

Nice ukulele.

I got the baritone version with a "black friday" discount and i'm very happy with mine.

Nice ukulele.

I got the baritone version with a "black friday" discount and i'm very happy with mHappy

Nice ukulele.

I got the baritone version with a "black friday" discount and i'm very happy with mine.
Excellent because I was a bad girl and ordered it in a Tenor. Seriously there needs to be a group like AA for Ukes. Call it the UASA lol 😆

Bumping this one - is it a good use for fingerstyle playing?

Yes, yes, yes! Our very own @4stringboy is a fingerstyle master and Flight artist who has posted a bazillion (give or take) fingerstyle pieces composed and performed on Fireball, including this one, which was one of the ones that first pointed me to him:

Vasko at Ukulele Cheats does both fingerstyle and strum-and-sing pieces on his channel, but it happens that his most recent is a chord melody arrangement of All Apologies on a Flight Fireball:

Bunches of other examples from both of these cats, as well as many other players...but these are two of my favorite fellas, and while both of them play plenty of Flights, they play a lot of Fireball along the way.

Thank you so much, @TimWilson !!! I have seen plenty of @4stringboy 's videos in the past. Never noticed the use because until yesterday I wasn't gassing for a new one 😁
The Fireball was my first ever Flight uke and still to this day is my favourite - and Sammy has a played a lot a lot of Flight ukes, including the A10 series.

That may change very, very soon however….😇

Top Bottom