NUD: Wilkinson WU1 Baritone Ukulele

Camsuke

Reaction score
It seems like ages since I have celebrated a NUD! (not really, I buy new ukes all the time!)

So here's my new Wilkinson WU1 Baritone Ukulele. I'll attach a link for photos & specs directly to Mark Wilkinson's website, his photos will be far better than mine!

I've even written a little tune to mark the occasion!
View attachment The Highlands.mp3

Attachments

• DSCN0663.JPG
    DSCN0663.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 14
Congratulations on your new Wilkinson, Cam! ”The Highlands” is lovely, and your new baritone is not only beautiful to look at, but also has a simply stunning tone that just makes me melt. I rarely listen to most ukulele videos more than once, but I’m on my third time through with this one. Should you ever grow tired of your new WU1 (ha,ha), just send it my way. I don’t play baritone, but I sure as heck would learn how to, just to be able to experience that sound in person. :)

Congratulations on your new Wilkinson, Cam! ”The Highlands” is lovely, and your new baritone is not only beautiful to look at, but also has a simply stunning tone that just makes me melt. I rarely listen to most ukulele videos more than once, but I’m on my third time through with this one. Should you ever grow tired of your new WU1 (ha,ha), just send it my way. I don’t play baritone, but I sure as heck would learn how to, just to be able to experience that sound in person. :)
Thanks so much, Jan! I woke this morning and had the bare bones of this tune rattling around in my head, so thought it was a nice moment to record a tune and create a NUD at the same time. And of course, you will be the first person I call if I ever decide part with this beauty!(ha,ha)

It seems like ages since I have celebrated a NUD! (not really, I buy new ukes all the time!)

So here's my new Wilkinson WU1 Baritone Ukulele. I'll attach a link for photos & specs directly to Mark Wilkinson's website, his photos will be far better than mine!

I've even written a little tune to mark the occasion!
View attachment 173783
Wonderful (tune, playing, instrument)
Thank you for sharing

Congratulations! I have a Wilkinson bari - No. 123; weirdly it hasn't made it to the archive on his web page...
Really well made, and playability is outstanding. Love the sound - veering towards guitar-like, so great for sweet instrumentals.
I've gone bari-mad and have just commissioned a Scott Wise bari that I hope will have more of a "big uke" sound as an alternative.
Will post when I get it....
Have you considered Scott's instruments?

Last edited:
Congratulations! I have a Wilkinson bari - No. 123; weirdly it hasn't made it to the archive on his web page...
Really well made, and playability is outstanding. Love the sound - veering towards guitar-like, so great for sweet instrumentals.
I've gone bari-mad and have just commissioned a Scott Wise bari that I hope will have more of a "big uke" sound as an alternative.
Will post when I get it....
Have you considered Scott's instruments?
Many thanks! I really love the Wilkinson instruments and I’m quickly amassing quite a collection, for me, they are the perfect fit!

I have owned a couple of Scott’s instruments over the years and totally agree with you, they are wonderful.

What an elegant ukulele! And that tune is gorgeous, Campbell. Wilkinson is a superb luthier—I suspect that later generations will refer to this era as the golden age of ukulele luthiery. So many gifted builders at work all over the world. Such riches! We are very lucky.

Thank you Patty! Yes, we are extremely fortunate to have so many wonderful luthiers at our disposal these days. I am particularly lucky to have Mark Wilkinson's workshop very close to our home, so it's an absolute blessing for me!

Top Bottom