Old age got me.

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've just locked the workshop door and gone indoors for a while ... I was making too many mistakes 😡..I'll make a pot of tea and try again later.....Luckily I've learned when to stop before things get worse.😉 Not like this guy

Not much you can do to stop the advance of time, Ken, but when I'm unable to concentrate and I'm making too many mistakes, I put it down (at least partly) to dehydration. I pour a large glass of water (the tap water where I live is very palatable) and glug it straight down. Not just a dainty glass, or a mug - I'm talking about a pint or more. Works for me.

Granted, I'm not attempting to do the highly detailed, close tolerance work that you do, but I'm older than you. Give it a try. We don't want old rocking chair to get you!

Not much you can do to stop the advance of time, Ken, but when I'm unable to concentrate and I'm making too many mistakes, I put it down (at least partly) to dehydration. I pour a large glass of water (the tap water where I live is very palatable) and glug it straight down. Not just a dainty glass, or a mug - I'm talking about a pint or more. Works for me.

Granted, I'm not attempting to do the highly detailed, close tolerance work that you do, but I'm older than you. Give it a try. We don't want old rocking chair to get you!
I'll give that a go John ... our tap water is good here as well ... in fact it's almost as good as Sheffield tap water. :)

Old age happens to the best and worst of us mate, if we're lucky.

Good ol' Father Ted, what a show that was! One of the very best British sit coms. :)

My works takes more time than it should as I have to remember where I set down a tool I just used and then there is the missing piece that just hit the floor and disappeared

My works takes more time than it should as I have to remember where I set down a tool I just used and then there is the missing piece that just hit the floor and disappeared
This sounds very familiar. In my case there is also the problem of stopping, in order to attend to something else, and then not returning to whatever I had been doing.

I've just locked the workshop door and gone indoors for a while ... I was making too many mistakes 😡..I'll make a pot of tea and try again later.....Luckily I've learned when to stop before things get worse.😉 Not like this guy

That look like the condition of some of the old mopeds I work on lol

Attachments

• Merry Christmas.jpg
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    890.4 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom