Pending Ono Cedar Bolivian Rosewood Tenor

Price
Shipping
CONUS Included. Buyer pays for Overseas shipping.
Size
Tenor
Man, I can't believe this Ono tenor hasn't sold. It's a fabulous instrument with top notch craftsmanship, beautiful design and high end woods. Oh, great sustain and a very comfortable neck.

Mine is older, and has a spruce top. After 4 years, it's still one of my favorite tenors. (Though I wish mine had a side sound port.)

Man, I can't believe this Ono tenor hasn't sold. It's a fabulous instrument with top notch craftsmanship, beautiful design and high end woods. Oh, great sustain and a very comfortable neck.

Mine is older, and has a spruce top. After 4 years, it's still one of my favorite tenors. (Though I wish mine had a side sound port.)
In the meantime, I'm still enjoying having it in the rotation. I tried baby baritone strings for the first time on this uke and they sound pretty good to me! I suggest listening with headphones to soak in the lows, resonance, and sustain.

Future owner, don't fret (😉)...I can switch to a nice low G set if you like or keep it in baby bari.

Last edited:
Wow I can't believe this is still waiting for it's future owner. The sound! Both versions (low G and baby bari). Glorious!!

Wow I can't believe this is still waiting for it's future owner. The sound! Both versions (low G and baby bari). Glorious!!
Thanks!

I'm hoping the right owner finds it eventually... I haven't been motivated enough to list it elsewhere, but I should probably consider it sooner or later. Also... keeping it for a while, as the right owner finds their way to it, ain't so bad! 😏

Last edited:
Just switched this one to a nylon set and it's definitely sweeter and warmer, in line with the tone I've been chasing. I also used a high G for the first time on one of my tenors, as I've been getting more accustomed to it on the smaller sizes.

I'll bump and keep this open for a while, but I might be falling back in love with it. During the a recent ep of the UU podcast, Aldrine mentioned that one of the first things he does when he buys a new uke is checking the fret ends. It made me think of how perfect and amazingly rounded this Ono's frets are! David's attention to detail is top notch and I really love all the appointments on this uke. 🤔...😌

Just switched this one to a nylon set and it's definitely sweeter and warmer, in line with the tone I've been chasing. I also used a high G for the first time on one of my tenors, as I've been getting more accustomed to it on the smaller sizes.

I'll bump and keep this open for a while, but I might be falling back in love with it. During the a recent ep of the UU podcast, Aldrine mentioned that one of the first things he does when he buys a new uke is checking the fret ends. It made me think of how perfect and amazingly rounded this Ono's frets are! David's attention to detail is top notch and I really love all the appointments on this uke. 🤔...😌
Onos have such a strong punch that I feel nylons are much better. Typically folks switch to fluorocarbons to get that pop which Ono has in spades. I used the daddario clear nylon set with low G and love it.

Onos have such a strong punch that I feel nylons are much better. Typically folks switch to fluorocarbons to get that pop which Ono has in spades. I used the daddario clear nylon set with low G and love it.
Exactly! I had a Ko'olau Mahana set handy with a wound low 4th. The low G seemed like it didn't fit right and was still too punchy compared to the rest. I was lucky to have an extra D'Addario Clear nylon EJ65T high g that is working great.

Don't know why I didn't try nylons sooner! I think I tried warming up with softer tension Uke Logics and with Worth Browns, but never went to nylon. They definitely reduce that initial pop without sacrificing any response or attack.

Greetings fellow ukeaholics!

It pains me to do this, but I think the time has finally come for me to post my Ono Cedar Bolivian Rosewood Tenor. This has to be my most painful marketplace posting so far, but I felt like the time was right with the recent TUS listing of another Ono. Hopefully it gives someone the opportunity to get one that's a little more traditional (but not very traditional by any means) at a little cheaper price.

I'll start with the original listing from TUS:

I love all of the fine details and craftsmanship that David puts into his ukuleles! The cantilevered fretboard with rosewood binding and maple purfling, maple purfling throughout, amazing wood grain, flying buttress bracing, maple rosette... I think it's all amazing. Unfortunately, it turns out the tone wasn't for me, after playing it for a few months. I listened to the sound sample of this one dozens of times before buying it, as I was playing this Guess the 'Ukulele contest on TUS:

Then I listened to it a dozen more times after winning the contest, justifying buying this ukulele, and giving me reason to learn the song Corey played in the sound sample. Imagine how many viewings it took to learn this one by watching the reveal video!

Anyways.. that's a little background on my connection with this ukulele. I'm hoping the sound samples help guide it to someone who will give it the love it deserves!

As you can see from the date on the pics, it's taken me a while to actually get the willpower to post it. Also note that the buyer can select between the hard case or the gig bag. It's very well padded, but doesn't have the pocket space I would like.

View attachment 148798

View attachment 148799
View attachment 148800View attachment 148801View attachment 148802View attachment 148803View attachment 148804View attachment 148805View attachment 148806

Hello, can you tell me if this is the 17 or 18 inch scale? Thanks

My sales will be on hold til Nov, as I'll be outa town for a bit. This one might come back with a price drop or I might explore other methods to move it, as it hasn't gotten much traction here. Thoughts?!

While I'm away, I'll also try to think of acronyms such as...
Brain Understands Many Policies.

^ hope this content appeases Lord Google! (*bends knee) 😉

Sharing to nudge some Ono interest. This one went to pending, as I'm planning to trade this one for another Ono later this year... it's an 18" scale koa tenor. I'll probably play that one for a bit, just to get a feel, but likely list that one in the summer... i'm smitten over my Ko'olau ukes at the moment and just need to clear out what I have.

Anyways... I just started listening and David gives so much great information on the design of his amazing ukes here:

Top Bottom