Pet pictures time, people!

TimWilson

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Staff member
UU+
Reaction score
So I mentioned on another thread that I needed to run my dog to the emergency room (he's gonna be fine, thanks!), and it made me realize that I haven't seen any threads about pets. My wife and I have had a ton of 'em along the way: dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, fish, turtles, tortoises, snakes, a bearded dragon, and more.

We're currently down to one, an adorable rescue mutt (maltese, chin, mi-ki, and some other stuff) named Snickers. I'm a fan of giving "people" names to pets, rather than naming them after food or random nouns (Pavement, or what have you), but that's just me. The rescue folks had named their charges with a virtual smorgasbord of sweetness (Snickers, Puddin', Muffin, etc.), but I insist on considering Snickers to be the indefinite present tense of the verb To Snicker. LOL

Anyway, he's 100 pounds of love in a 15-pound body.

Snicky.JPG

He's about to turn 10, but when he was three, he had to have life-saving emergency spinal surgery. Dig this scar!!!!

Snickers-scar.jpg

I'm going to turn it over to other folks with a photo of Cappy, alas, no longer with us. We love cats every bit as much as dogs, and I do love this picture of our handsome boy. He knew it, too, I'm tellin' ya. You've probably had pets like this, and well, that was Cappy. Never happier than when being admired.

Cappy-1k.jpg

Okay, let's see those pet photos, people!

Last edited:
Lapka we got as a kitten. She’s almost 17 now. We give her weekly injections at home of saline solution to make up for her bad kidneys. One weird thing she does every now and then is climb into my pants when I’m sitting in the bathroom then purrs very loudly. She probably thinks their some special cat furniture at body temperature. Weirdo.

5A1A09DE-4A26-47E8-B573-570207DC4267.jpeg

Harley is 17. He came from a cat hoarder’s house when he was almost a year old, so he’s messed up in certain ways. Likes to pee in places he shouldn’t. He used to rip bags of food open. We love him too. He drools when we scratch his chin, which is hilarious.

9F171E69-5F0C-4284-AA7C-81E8D8694FD9.jpeg

Last edited:
We give her weekly injections at home of saline solution to make up for her bad kidneys

We've had two cats that I had to infuse with lactated ringers. Both were troopers about it, and we got to have many years extra with both of them as a result. Good luck, Brian! These both look like awesome critters, and I'm so glad that they've found happier homes with you!

AND YOUR PANTS. 🤣

When Covid happened a poor, starving, bedraggled creature appeared at the back of the apartment building where I live. This cat was terrified of its own shadow, had several minor injuries and a poorly eye and spent its time skulking about and hiding away. I definitely didn't want to get involved but then I saw it eating a piece of dried bread that I'd thrown out for the birds and I had to put some cat food out for it.

The cat stayed around and, although he wouldn't let me go anywhere near him, he was always there in the morning gazing hopefully at my back door. It looked as though he didn't want a proper relationship with me, just hand-outs, so I called him a freeloader. Nevertheless, after several weeks our relationship blossomed to the point that he would allow me to stroke him and he started to make exploratory visits into my kitchen. When Autumn arrived and the nights turned cold he started staying indoors but only on the coldest nights.

Nearly three years later Freddie Freeloader is firmly ensconced in my home but still spends most of his time out of doors, doing his thing. On cold nights he curls up on my lap and snores like a navvy.

There can't be many felines named after a Miles Davis tune. He's a cool cat!

Attachments

• Freddie Freeloader.jpg
    Freddie Freeloader.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 20
Great idea for a thread! Let me see if I can find a photo of my dog.. *scrolls through 400,000 photos of the dog* 😆

Here’s our big epileptic lurcher, Raffi (short for Riffraff. But don’t tell my son who thinks it’s short for Raphael)

2E9383AE-42DE-45C7-B5D3-41BAF05C7568.jpeg

We’re down to one dog now, our lovely old border terrier Agatha had to be put down last year at the ripe old age of 16. She was a real character, here she is relaxing on the beach with the young upstart lurcher racing around in the background..

4DC9DA93-5B58-4E0D-96DD-0ADCE5FDA626.jpeg

And finally, my favourite fish, who’s called Giselle. He’s actually a boy, but hey, it’s 2023.

C092AF71-E29B-45A6-80E2-EA366543D93C.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's Cody. Cody is 12. He obviously has neurologic problems, but he is as gentle as they come. Cody has frequent grand mal seizures now. He also has parkinson's. Our other dog is Elmo. We have parrots too.
20171008_154005.jpg

This may end up being a thread that I check often. :) 🐕

Since I see some of you have dogs with epilepsy, I'll mention that I've had 2 dogs with epilepsy in the past, both Great Danes. The 160 pounder would rear up on his hind legs and flip over backwards, with me trying to catch him so he didn't hurt himself. And during the postical phase, he was constantly running full speed into walls, and other assorted hazards. It was very difficult for a while, but both Danes did get their seizures under control and got to live happy lives.

The current 2 are a Doberman who has extremely severe anxiety, (vet behaviorist told me she had never seen it so bad), and a ... dog. Not sure what she is, (vets refer to her as a retriever mix, but if you throw a toy for her, she expects the human to retrieve it, LOL.) She is the one who recently had vestibular disease, for those who read that post, (she's doing fine now!), and her made up birthday is today. So, happy 13th birthday to her!

I saw the post in Uke Talk about New Year's goals, and I might need to set a goal to not adopt another dog this year. I've always had 3 at a time until one suddenly passed away during the shut-down, (turned out to be hemangiosarcoma.) Still miss her terribly. My mom has been bugging me to get another dog, but I'm doing my best to not look at the rescue sites. I did have to peek at the site where my one Dane and Doberman came from, since I was asking people to donate to the group for my Christmas gifts, (along with donating to a food bank), and someone asked for the link. That's how I ended up with the Doberman - I went to the site for another reason, and saw him posted there, and had to adopt him. He had been so badly abused, was so sick, starved & injured, and well...it broke my heart. He's currently napping in a dog bed alongside me, and has hauled his favorite toys and his security blanket in there with him, so things are much better for him these days.

Our boys are Brothers with interesting history. Penni and I rescued them in July of 2015 as part of a 30 cat clouder on the family farm. Our other two cats and rabbit passed by December. I went to local shelter in February to get a cat for Penni's birthday and these two were waiting for me having been turned in by first people to adopt them. They were listed as a purrfect pair by shelter to not split up. Blake is orange like his Dad Fang and Sheldon is black and white like his Mom. They have moved from CA to NC with us and travel with us. They love riding in the Highlander and exploring Motels. The iPhone has hundreds of pictures of them. Sheldon likes to pluck the ukulele strings with his teeth.

They also like to talk with Whiskers who is a semi feral we take care of

Attachments

• 0C4C549D-091E-40BE-ABE7-E9C397C87AB2.jpeg
    0C4C549D-091E-40BE-ABE7-E9C397C87AB2.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1876188E-734A-4D8D-8C9C-708616B7850B.jpeg
    1876188E-734A-4D8D-8C9C-708616B7850B.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 6E6C3F93-57B4-4A11-BF7A-2BC0624340E8.jpeg
    6E6C3F93-57B4-4A11-BF7A-2BC0624340E8.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 10
Our two members of Felis twerpus.

Gracie hanging out in one of her favorite spots. It's as close to a tree branch over the savanna as we get, and it lets her supurrvise the kitchen without getting near the scary commotion. F6C6A4D7-9369-4EFD-872C-34F6DC52181A.jpeg

Lily judging you at close range. This is a not uncommon way to wake up.
516EB683-8F5F-430A-8DD2-84331CBA038F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have had many dogs and cats, but Sofi is the sweetest cat I have ever had. She talks a lot. She loves to follow me all over the place. She comes out in the woodshop to watch me making ukes, when I leave, she waits by the last door I passed through for my return. And she likes when I play...as long as I don't sing. When I sing, she tells me to stop by walking straight up to my face and meowing until I quit. Here she is guarding my uke.
DSC_0226.JPG

I have had many dogs and cats, but Sofi is the sweetest cat I have ever had. She talks a lot. She loves to follow me all over the place. She comes out in the woodshop to watch me making ukes, when I leave, she waits by the last door I passed through for my return. And she likes when I play...as long as I don't sing. When I sing, she tells me to stop by walking straight up to my face and meowing until I quit. Here she is guarding my uke.
View attachment 146618
How adorable!!

L to R - Blue (Lab mix rescue), Brewer (Labradoodle), Oley (Labradoodle) and Rooney (Goldendoodle rescue).
View attachment 146605
Been somewhat of a rough year, Oley passed last Christmas at 14 and Brewer was found to have osteosarcoma and had to have his front leg amputated. He is a trooper though and is responding well!
That is a rough year. Sorry for your loss, and sorry to hear about Brewer. I had a lab mix who had osteosarcoma. Such a horrible disease. I'm glad to hear that Brewer is handling the amputation well.

View attachment 146618
LOL. I love that she is a critic of singing.

Jasper (she's a she; she's named after the rust color flecked into her chest feathers) is a Red Bellied Parrot, a relative of African Greys. She's almost 34 years old. She says "hello," laughs sometimes when the television is on, and often mutters when she sees me on the phone. She also purrs sometimes when I pet her neck feathers.

jasper 04a.jpg

I found Lucille on the slopes of Haleakalā. She was alone, a tiny little runt not even 2 pounds. She was the smartest animal I ever seen. Instant toilet trained, and my wife taught her how to sit. In the two years we had her she grew to over 200 lbs. I had to find her I new home when my mom on Oʻahu took terminally ill, so I had to move right away to help dad with her home hospice. I was SO sad to rehome her, but we found a nice farm that would take her, and not eat her. I miss that pig.

mini-P1010004.JPG
mini-P1010005.JPG

Top Bottom