Price
$950.00
Shipping
Actual cost to Continental US only
Size
Baritone

andy2353

Reaction score
Up for sale is this unique instrument from Welsh luthier Pete Howlett. I have had this since January and it is in the same excellent condition as when I received it from a fellow UU member. I am selling because I have started playing soprano in a group, and this instrument is just not getting played.

It has an 18.7" scale and the body is about 10% bigger than Pete's standard tenor. You can string it as a long-necked tenor or a regular DGBE baritone or something in between. I have been playing it as a baritone in DGBE and the sound is lush, warm and lovely. The side sound port is such a nice bonus, and the koa is beautiful. It is just a wonderful, clean and unique instrument from a master of his craft. There is also a pickup with an Artec UTN-3 Active Preamp. I currently have it strung with Martin M630 basses and the Pepe Romero baby baritone trebles and it sounds good. I will also include Thomastik Infeld CF30 and CF35 flatwounds which I was planning to try as the basses. Includes hard case in decent condition.

Please message me with any questions.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG-9002.jpg
    IMG-9002.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG-9006.jpg
    IMG-9006.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG-9010.jpg
    IMG-9010.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG-9012.jpg
    IMG-9012.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG-9007.jpg
    IMG-9007.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG-9008.jpg
    IMG-9008.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG-9009.jpg
    IMG-9009.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG-9005.jpg
    IMG-9005.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG-9004.jpg
    IMG-9004.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG-9003.jpg
    IMG-9003.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Up for sale is this unique instrument from Welsh luthier Pete Howlett. I have had this since January and it is in the same excellent condition as when I received it. I am selling because I have started playing soprano in a group, and this instrument is just not getting played.

It has an 18.7" scale and the body is about 10% bigger than Pete's standard tenor. You can string it as a long-necked tenor or a regular DGBE baritone or something in between. I have been playing it as a baritone in DGBE and the sound is lush, warm and lovely. The side sound port is such a nice bonus, and the koa is beautiful. It is just a wonderful, clean and unique instrument from a master of his craft. There is also a pickup with an Artec UTN-3 Active Preamp. I currently have it strung with Martin M630 basses and the Pepe Romero baby baritone trebles and it sounds good. I will also include Thomastik Infeld CF30 and CF35 flatwounds which I was planning to try as the basses. Includes hard case in decent condition.

Please message me with any questions.

Andy
I just signed in to say how absolutely beautiful the inlay on the fretboard and that headstock logo is. My eye sees a mountain outline on the headstock and that gorgeous sea bird on the fretboard. Elegant simplicity. That satiny koa is unreal! Bet it sounds amazing. What a gorgeous bari!
GLWTS!

Pete Makes excellent instruments.

Memorial Day weekend bump. Still looking for a home for this fine instrument.

There's a reason why Pete has had an extremely loyal following of owners of his ukuleles for many years. Outstanding craftsmanship and terrific sounding instruments that are very comfortable to play. You rarely see his ukes come up for sale. Because people hold on to them and plan to hand them down in the future.

I have had quite a few inquiries but no serious offers on this instrument. I'm not in a rush to sell it but just wanted to update and lowered the price to keep it active.

Andy

Still trying to save up the $$ to buy this....almost there....don't sell it 🤞😉

Dang...just saw the Pre Amp pic....didn't want that...guess I'll pass for now...so sorry...

Top Bottom