Please, somebody buy this

Kala Elite Doghair concert anyone?

o_O I've been eyeing this and ooing and awwing it. I've had to exercise restraint. Because a custom and a restored tiple are set to arrive in a couple of weeks. So if I'm not careful the $ won't be in hand when needed.

Happy strumming to whomever gets this and if one of us please let us know. Thx.

The new KoAloha models are listed on TUS tonight. At first I thought they had the photos wrong, but they are correct. And the pikakes are at a lower "introductory pricing special". Someone hold my checkbook....

theukulelesite.com

KoAloha Royal Pikake Soprano (KSM-10 24511)

Just in! The newest KoAloha pikake at an amazing introductory price! This is the new series from Koaloha features Hawaiian koa and a smooth satin natural finish. The Pikake features abalone inlays and a new style ebony fret-board with the classic Koaloha crown at the tongue. This is the first...
theukulelesite.com
theukulelesite.com
theukulelesite.com

KoAloha Koa Gloss Soprano (KSM-00 24514)

The pictured ukulele is the exact one for sale here. This is the newest version of the KSM-00 with an ebony faceplate and abalone accents. KoAloha became famous for this model and for good reason. For a little soprano, it has a humongous sound! It's bright but with a full, warm low end. It has...
theukulelesite.com
theukulelesite.com
I really like the crown returning to the end of the fretboard. Not sold on the extra frets on the soprano size. Hopefully the longer fretboard extension doesn't deaden the top. I doubt it, but I've not played one with it.

o_O I've been eyeing this and ooing and awwing it. I've had to exercise restraint. Because a custom and a restored tiple are set to arrive in a couple of weeks. So if I'm not careful the $ won't be in hand when needed.

Happy strumming to whomever gets this and if one of us please let us know. Thx.
I just bought it. 😎

This little KoAloha pineapple soprano has been at GC for a while. It was bought and returned once by someone. Not 100% certain but this could be a factory special based on what little I can see on the label. The price just dropped another $50 today. I love pineapples and am really tempted to buy it, but two GC purchases in one day seems excessive to me.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of the presumably-French luthier Franck Cheval? This is a pretty instrument. It was built 25 years ago do long before I was in ukulele world.

1716042281529.png

Translation:
Good morning !
Today we are offering you a very beautiful piece, it is a Tenor Ukulele made by Franck Cheval in 1999.
This one is in very good general condition. The varnish is starting to age slightly, although in very good condition for an instrument that is already celebrating its 25th anniversary!
The selection of woods has - as always with Franck - been in very good taste. This spruce/rosewood combo will delight many of your senses, it’s up to you to tell me which ones!
Sold in a soft but padded cover. Fast and secure shipping in France and abroad. Shipping costs are indicative and may vary. Do not hesitate to contact us for a more precise estimate based on your address.

Wish the seller had included a sound sample.

Last edited:
I would say a little bit lower. Especially for koa. That’s a good deal for that ukulele. If they’d just asked for $1200 on this board I’d have bought it and they’d have save all the fees.
The winning bidder was ready to pay more. They put in several safety bids in the last 30 minutes.

This little KoAloha pineapple soprano has been at GC for a while. It was bought and returned once by someone. Not 100% certain but this could be a factory special based on what little I can see on the label. The price just dropped another $50 today. I love pineapples and am really tempted to buy it, but two GC purchases in one day seems excessive to me.

I wonder if it was someone here who bought it? Seems like a good price if there are no issues with it

I really like the crown returning to the end of the fretboard. Not sold on the extra frets on the soprano size. Hopefully the longer fretboard extension doesn't deaden the top. I doubt it, but I've not played one with it.
Griz at KoAloha told me a couple weeks ago that around March they started adding additional bracing near the bridge to prevent dishing on the sopranos. Don't know how that will impact tone.

Has anyone heard of the presumably-French luthier Franck Cheval? This is a pretty instrument. It was built 25 years ago do long before I was in ukulele world.

Translation:
Good morning !
Today we are offering you a very beautiful piece, it is a Tenor Ukulele made by Franck Cheval in 1999.
This one is in very good general condition. The varnish is starting to age slightly, although in very good condition for an instrument that is already celebrating its 25th anniversary!
The selection of woods has - as always with Franck - been in very good taste. This spruce/rosewood combo will delight many of your senses, it’s up to you to tell me which ones!
Sold in a soft but padded cover. Fast and secure shipping in France and abroad. Shipping costs are indicative and may vary. Do not hesitate to contact us for a more precise estimate based on your address.

Wish the seller had included a sound sample.
Lovely looking uke! - I've never seen a bridge attached so low on the sound board - most luthiers aim for as close to the middle of the sound board as possible (like hitting a drum in the middle gives a fuller sound)
It may sound fantastic, but unusual constrution.

Top Bottom