Please, somebody buy this

And speaking of Kala Elite, there is a Doghair soprano that the opening bid starts at $252. I loved mine, except for the wide nut. If you like larger nuts on your uke, this is an awesome deal (if the condition is as it seems, and if it goes for anything close to this--there are no current bids). My Barron River has mostly cured me of my UAS, but getting one of these back is tempting.

Are the Koaloha red, black and white labels braced the same?

everytime I hear these coloured labels it reminds me of Johnny Walker. lol
I think the red, black, and white labels allow the builders to try some different things with their bracing.

Here's a pic of their production model internals...
Screenshot_20230521_112649_Instagram.jpg

And here's a few from their customs. I heard 'em call it their surfboard bracing. They also don't use the unibrace which I think usually saves the production models from having to use kerf lining.
Screenshot_20230521_112454_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230521_112359_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230521_112424_Instagram.jpg

Larrivee guitars at one point were massively undervalued until people figured it out. Search youtube and see how enthusiastic the Larrivee cult is. All are all either made in California or Vancouver(Victoria). I have two each of their guitars and ukes already. Someone else be delighted:

Larrivee guitars at one point were massively undervalued until people figured it out. Search youtube and see how enthusiastic the Larrivee cult is. All are all either made in California or Vancouver(Victoria). I have two each of their guitars and ukes already. Someone else be delighted:

Seems to be sold.

It does look like a Martin Tenor 2K with the distinctive ivory binding. If so, it’s a fantastic deal as they list for $1699 when you can find one.

Four Moore Bettahs are up at Ukulele Friend, including a really nice all mango tenor.

https://ukulelefriend.com/uke-store/

[Edit: Deleted my incorrect comments on when mango tenor was originally sold. On closer inspection, this is not the mango that sold last month. Both have palm trees, but the one on Ukulele Friend is from April 2022, not April 2023].

Last edited:
Four Moore Bettahs are up at Ukulele Friend, including a really nice all mango tenor that Chuck sold through FB literally a month ago (4/23).

Any number of reasons someone may want/need to to sell, but always a little disappointed to see something like that hit the secondary market so quickly.
Lots of gorgeous ukes on that site!

Four Moore Bettahs are up at Ukulele Friend, including a really nice all mango tenor that Chuck sold through FB literally a month ago (4/23).

Any number of reasons someone may want/need to to sell, but always a little disappointed to see something like that hit the secondary market so quickly.
Anybody got a ballpark on price on one of these? I don't want to bug Shawn because I can't buy right now but it'd be nice to have a realistic goal for savings....with the number of these popping up on the used market lately seems like it might actually be attainable to get one someday.

Top Bottom