New Uke Day (NUD) Pono Mango Deluxe Baritone Guilele

frets alot

Reaction score
This is one of their new, deluxe (master) baritone guileles. It has the lattice bracing.
Solid Mango with ebony appointments: bindings, faceplate, fretboard and bridge.
Gloss body and faceplate, and satin neck.
Bone nut and saddle.
Radius fretboard.
20" scale length.
1.88" nut width.

It has a great tone (even with the nylon strings). I do think the lattice bracing contributes to that, and the really nice sustain. I plan on switching to my favorite strings, the Pepe Romero UG fluorocarbons, after a little time with these D'Addario strings.

This instrument is beautiful, with an awesome fit and finish. The Pono nut width and neck profile is perfect for me, a guitar player. That's why I added this as my second Pono. My first is the mahogany with a satin finish. I am going to keep that one in the E-e tuning, and keep this new Deluxe in the G-g tuning, which I just love.

Anyway, enough said, other than I'm extremely pleased! ☺️

Pono Deluxe (1).jpgPono Deluxe (2).jpgPono Deluxe (3).jpgPono Deluxe (4).jpg
Pono Deluxe (5).jpgPono Deluxe (6).jpg

This is one of their new, deluxe (master) baritone guileles. It has the lattice bracing.
Solid Mango with ebony appointments: bindings, faceplate, fretboard and bridge.
Gloss body and faceplate, and satin neck.
Bone nut and saddle.
Radius fretboard.
20" scale length.
1.88" nut width.

It has a great tone (even with the nylon strings). I do think the lattice bracing contributes to that, and the really nice sustain. I plan on switching to my favorite strings, the Pepe Romero UG fluorocarbons, after a little time with these D'Addario strings.

This instrument is beautiful, with an awesome fit and finish. The Pono nut width and neck profile is perfect for me, a guitar player. That's why I added this as my second Pono. My first is the mahogany with a satin finish. I am going to keep that one in the E-e tuning, and keep this new Deluxe in the G-g tuning, which I just love.

Anyway, enough said, other than I'm extremely pleased! ☺️

View attachment 161609View attachment 161610View attachment 161611View attachment 161612
View attachment 161614View attachment 161615
I'm coming in a month late on this, but if you're still monitoring comments on this -- why type of strings do you use on a guilele? Do you use classical guitar strings?

I'm coming in a month late on this, but if you're still monitoring comments on this -- why type of strings do you use on a guilele? Do you use classical guitar strings?
There are guilele specific strings. Pepe Romero makes a couple sets (depending on whether you want to tune E to E or A to A) but I believe there are others as well.

Pepe Romero UG1 and UG2 fluorocarbons, depending on the tuning. I tune one Pono to G-g and the other to E-e, respectively. I love these strings!

Last edited:
La bella 2001 light tension strings work very well for G to G tuning. They are nylon. If you want fluorocarbon get the Vivace strings . Lowest gauge is Medium if I am not mistaken. The Pepe strings are all made by La Bella.

Top Bottom